Fallout Discussion: “76”

So I'm told that there are missable trophies/achievements when joining the factions. It appears if you want to get everything in one playthrough, you need to create multiple saves so you can join the faction to get the achievement and then reload the save.

Boo don't be that guy. Just okay the game and if you HAVE to platinum it then play it again (and again).

I'm kind of confused on how the SPECIAL perks work. I get that I'm only allowed to level up ones corresponding to the number of points i give each attribute. But should i go in any order leveling them up? Like should i complete one in the top row before moving to the one below it?

Nope. Just level whatever you want. As long as you have the corresponding SPECIAL level you pick whatever perks you want. Mix and match.

Do you PC game? Seems like that's the best place to play this.

I don't doubt that, but despite my penchant for being challenged with higher difficulties, I'm really not as hardcore about gaming as I used to be. I feel like I don't really have the dedication or time to invest in a solid PC setup for Fallout or anything else. And even on a console, I still only purchase 3-5 games a year. Maybe that's why I'm so into the idea of trying to conquer them – I'm cool with them dragging out and providing extra bang for my buck.

Like I said, you can get it using dogmeat but I'might level 18 and still don't have a lick of cryo ammo. And I have master picklock perk now, so, I could have just gotten it normally. Basically useless to have early.

I haven't gone back and picked it up, but I thought it came with 200 rounds? I read they're in dogmeat's inventory. Obviously still a limited commodity, but I heard it's decent to have for stronger enemies.