Fallout Discussion: “76”

I just spent a bunch of hours doing railroad side missions to get ballistic weave. I look dapper as shit shooting super mutants in the face in my tuxedo.

totally forgot about that. I have all the missions done I just gotta up my armorer skill. Wonder if they patched you being able to put that defense on your hat?

• 2 weeks later...

You can probably still get them from any store that sells the physical plastic card that you buy for the code since those all have $30 printed right on them. The Best Buy across the street from me had a few left last time I was in there so if anyone strikes out and wants me to look let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: I realized I started to ramble.

Keep in mind I had never played a fallout game before this. I bought fallout 4 around Christmas and it came with fallout 3. My thinking was to play 3 for a while to get my toes wet before jumping to 4 also knowing that going backwards on games just doesn't work for me. After I have played the newest version I can't go back because I get frustrated on the limited options.

I ended up putting in about 80 hours on 3 before switching over. I started to lose focus after I was abducted by the president. The other issue was the tunnels. Trying to navigate them was very frustrating. Thinking I was going to one place only to pop out of the tunnel having completely over shot my intended target started getting tiresome.

When I switched over to 4 I was glad I played 3 to gain an understanding of the game. Importance of hoarding and how your interactions effect your character.

Right off the bat of 4 I was disappointed to the main mission. Find my kid Carmen San Diego style is a complete copy of find your father Carmen San Diego style.

I did like getting a companion right off the bat that could help carry stuff to reduce the number of storage runs.

The level up points / perks I thought was better in three.

In 4 I have yet to have the excitement of my choices making a huge impact on gameplay although that may have something to do with taking a more conservative approach. In 3 I blew up megaton, then killed the ghouls in the basement, then killed tenpenny, then enslaved the residents until I turned completely evil at which time I killed everyone in ten penny besides the boutique owner. None of that shit had anything to do with the actual plot but it was fun as hell.

I find myself more immersed in "the sims" aspect of fallout 4. I have gained more xp from crafting than combat. I have around 50 residents total amoungst my settlements but I have very limited interaction with them. For some reason I now care if random commonwealthers are happy in a post-apocalyptic world. I have an abundance of caps which is something I struggled with until a lot further in on three.

The combat in 4 is better/smoother and the enemies are stronger (behemoth and guys in power armor and death claws everywhere ). But at the same time I was able to walk from sanctuary straight though to castle in one sitting which would have been significantly more difficult in 3 to cover the same amount of ground.

In conclusion there is simultaneously more and less to do on four compared to three. Both have been huge time sucks and rewarding along the way but still never get that huge sense of achievement. They are both fun games and if you don't enjoy them at all it's more a reflection on your jadedness or cynicism.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
50 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Let’s revive this bitch. What did everyone think of the Fallout 76 reveal?!

Setting looks cool and so do the graphics. Looks like better areas to explore than 4. Not feeling the online component at all or the focus on building. I feel like the story aspect of Fallout is really slipping and "quests" are just becoming fetch quests and not the weird story ones from 3/Vegas that were so good.

Just now, Twistedshabazz said:

So they took my least favorite thing in fallout 4 (building settlements) and made that a main focus.

Nail on the head, I fucking hated that. 

But, we'll know more as time goes on. I'm excited, but nowhere near as excited as I was for 4, and then only to be let down. 

BUT A WEARABLE POWER ARMOR HELMET WITH VOICE MODULATOR

2 hours ago, Satan said:

Fuck fuck fuck.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/11/e3-2018-fallout-76-collectors-edition-contents-and-preorder-guide

My friend got one from the amazon link while he took a shit at work not 20 minutes ago, keep refreshing these pages.

1 hour ago, Reshiram454 said:

At first I wasn't for the online then my friend hit me up excited cause we could play Fallout together. Then it kinda clicked with me. I'm looking forward to conquering the wasteland with 3 of my friends. 

My friends are still all about destiny and I stopped playing that a while ago but I miss playing with them but they're all aboard for this. Yeah we all came to that same conclusion; I like to wander and kill random shit, couple of my friends are all about the settlement stuff, we can all have different roles within the team/squad/whatever. Also I don't remember ever seeing any V.A.T.S in any of the footage (cuz of multiplayer, I'm guessing).

17 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/11/e3-2018-fallout-76-collectors-edition-contents-and-preorder-guide

My friend got one from the amazon link while he took a shit at work not 20 minutes ago, keep refreshing these pages.

My friends are still all about destiny and I stopped playing that a while ago but I miss playing with them but they're all aboard for this. Yeah we all came to that same conclusion; I like to wander and kill random shit, couple of my friends are all about the settlement stuff, we can all have different roles within the team/squad/whatever. Also I don't remember ever seeing any V.A.T.S in any of the footage (cuz of multiplayer, I'm guessing).

Yeah, I remember reading in an (I think) IGN article that because of multiplayer, there wouldn't be VATS. 

But, maybe itll come in a patch of enough people bitch? Who knows. 

For those with concerns about how Fallout 4 was kinda a let down... I thought I read an article, I think it was a leak from an "insider" so take that as you will, but they took and listened to a lot of the feedback on 4 and are making necessary changes. Building seems to be a bit easier, and since this is the very beginning of the Fallout universe it makes sense that you'd need to build settlements or whatever.

Obviously, there's going to be some things taken out, VATS for example slowed or even stopped time in the previous games. That wouldn't incorporate very well in multiplayer. I'm personally more interested in how the SPECIAL will work.