Fallout Discussion: “76”

When is the point where you pick a side?

Is it when you decide where you want to build the transportation device thing or after that?

Dont quote me on it, but im fairly sure the more quests you do for a faction the less easy it is to get in the other 2 factions good graces. Shortly after the mission you mentioned a quest comes up in the main story that actually explicitly states you will be considered an enemy by the others, so the game does seem to warn you before you go too too far.

Dont quote me on it, but im fairly sure the more quests you do for a faction the less easy it is to get in the other 2 factions good graces. Shortly after the mission you mentioned a quest comes up in the main story that actually explicitly states you will be considered an enemy by the others, so the game does seem to warn you before you go too too far.

Ah cool, thanks!  I'm glad that there's some sort of indication.  I think I've mostly done Minutemen missions, but I stopped once I was able to do Brotherhood and Railroad.  Think I've done close to the same about between those two.  I haven't completed the mission I mentioned yet, but I plan on it tomorrow.  Just hit level 50 and I don't feel like I've done nearly enough to move the main story along!

Ah cool, thanks! I'm glad that there's some sort of indication. I think I've mostly done Minutemen missions, but I stopped once I was able to do Brotherhood and Railroad. Think I've done close to the same about between those two. I haven't completed the mission I mentioned yet, but I plan on it tomorrow. Just hit level 50 and I don't feel like I've done nearly enough to move the main story along!

That mission was really cool and had me hooked on the story after mostly ignoring it.

When the game came out, my pseudo-gf and I binge played it for 5 days straight.  We each got to the vicinity of level 20-24 in that time.  After that, I stopped playing entirely because our time was fleeting and playing video games seemed like a waste when we only had a month or so left before she went back home (to Sweden).

Now that she's gone, I have time to play again.  We'll FaceTime and play at the same time, so it's like we're still playing together even with 5000+ miles in between us.  Thing is, I restarted with a new character, so she's much further than me.  She told me that I had to check out Swan's Pond because it was awesome.  She wouldn't tell me why, but that I just had to get there as soon as possible.

So my level 7 ass beelined it through the map all the way to Swan's Pond to find out what she was so excited about.  Just to survive the trip, I expend 60% of my ammo on random raiders and supermutants along the way.  I finally make it there, a little worse for wear, but still alive.

Then fucking Swan explodes out of the pond and completely takes me by surprise.  I'm massively overpowered.  She laughs and says that I can just run away because he's waaaay too big for me to take on at this low level.  I proceed to consume enough Jet to become addicted, inject a Psycho, and pummel this giant asshole with every molotov I have on me. I blow through all my 10mm ammo and then finally finish him off with a well placed bottlecap mine. His flaming corpse drops and I loot him for everything he's got (that gauntlet is badass).

Now I'm level 8. :D   

Lol. She got you good

She was shocked when I actually managed to survive.  But now I'm stuck out near Boston Commons with no ammo, very little health, and a kickass gauntlet.  Once I get back home from work, I think I'm gonna make a slow trek back to where I was before she sent me on this wild swan  goose chase.  By the time I'm back, I'll likely be pushing level 12-14.

She was shocked when I actually managed to survive.  But now I'm stuck out near Boston Commons with no ammo, very little health, and a kickass gauntlet.  Once I get back home from work, I think I'm gonna make a slow trek back to where I was before she sent me on this wild swan  goose chase.  By the time I'm back, I'll likely be pushing level 12-14.

You could always fast travel, yeah?

Woof. I was kind of doing that at the beginning...it gets old really fast. :)

Good luck, though!

I had a 100+ hour playthrough on New Vegas with the same stipulation.  The wasteland in F4 is much more densely populated, so I feel like it'll be less tedious and a whole lot more eventful by just hoofing it everywhere.