Fallout Discussion: “76”

Haven't been playing this too much. Kinda bored myself with it already. I do want to go back and finish the last faction storyline though. I'm having such a hard time deciding which to go with. They all have such unintelligent holes in their philosophies. I feel the Railroad is the best option though. 

I dislike that aligning with one faction makes you have to eradicate the rest of the opposing factions (save for the minutemen.)

When people are really running low on stuff...are you just not looting anything at all? Since about hour 5 I've had nearly 100 rad-x, rad-away, and bobby pins, and at the moment I'm sitting on something like 150 stim packs, and probably 300 of the others and god knows how many bobby pins. I haven't bought or made a single one of any of them.

(Playing on hard if that makes any difference)

When people are really running low on stuff...are you just not looting anything at all? Since about hour 5 I've had nearly 100 rad-x, rad-away, and bobby pins, and at the moment I'm sitting on something like 150 stim packs, and probably 300 of the others and god knows how many bobby pins. I haven't bought or made a single one of any of them.

(Playing on hard if that makes any difference)

I never played fallout 3 or the earlier titles. I am new to the series so I am still trying to feel my way around the game. I spent a good amount of time looting in Concord. I went in every building that had an open door, down in a sewer, and found some stuff but not a whole lot to be honest. I'm still at the beginning so perhaps i havent ventured far enough around to find stuff??

so I finished, siding with the Institute.  all I am doing now is searching for bobble heads and aimlessly wandering around.

I feel like they should have, I don't know, made you find more locations via missions and such.  SOOOO many undiscovered locations for finishing the game IMO.

Also, did I miss it on the perk chart? is there no "explorer" perk that reveals ALL undiscovered locations on your map as F3 and NV had?

I've refrained from fast traveling even when I'm massively overencumbered and I have to get clear across the map. It's really helped me discover things so much better than linearly following the main quest line.

I have an ADD personality for location discovery.  I'll be on the way to finish a quest when an undiscovered icon pops up on my HUD and I'll start heading for that one.  Soon enough, I'm three miles West of the original quest and have discovered 6 new places (one of which has provided a Legendary Alpha Deathclaw that dropped badass loot) and overencumbered by 150.  Buffout, alcohol, and power armor cannot help me.

Also, anyone else

discovered all those aliens!? I read that there was only supposed to be one, but there was a bunch of them - all dropping expensive as alien blasters!

I have an ADD personality for location discovery.  I'll be on the way to finish a quest when an undiscovered icon pops up on my HUD and I'll start heading for that one.

Also, anyone else

discovered all those aliens!? I read that there was only supposed to be one, but there was a bunch of them - all dropping expensive as alien blasters!

Me every time.

I've only found 1 so far. I'm on the lookout now.

Me every time.

I've only found 1 so far. I'm on the lookout now.

I entered the Abandoned Shack (all the way to the east, off the map) and followed the path to the basement.  Right when I enter the hidden area underneath it, I see a little green 

HOSTILE ALIEN that I immediately vanquish.  Five or so more start popping up throughout the area, handing me their 2000+ caps guns as they turn into piles of steaming ash.  When I leave the basement, I'm directly south of Beantown Brewery (all the way on the other side of the map) right next to a crashed spaceship...