Fallout Discussion: “76”

My interest has dipped a lot. I have fun while I'm playing it, but the "can't wait to get home and play" feeling is gone.

I'm sort of purposefully pacing myself for this very reason. Don't get me wrong, when I do sit down to play I can lose 6 hours easy, but I try to really only do that once or twice a week. I have Fridays off and no one else I know does so that's usually my day in the wasteland.

I've fallen into a routine of getting off work (around 10p-12a usually), then playing until the sun comes up.  I'm a crawler, so it's tedious and interminably protracted - but it pays off will all the loot I amass.

I'm pushing 225 hours now!  I also switched to Survival because it was getting too easy for me.  Every raider was a one hit kill, even legendary alpha deathclaws didn't require a Med-X+PsychoJet binge.  My weapons and armor are just too kickass.

Finally had some time with snowmageddon to really put some hours in. I am getting kinda pissed because im on the first taking points mission at the drive in and it refuses to let me build the radio transistor even though i have all of the parts. Any advice would be very helpful!

Also i would love to not have shitty guns and actual armor that isint the shitty raider stuff. A girl can dream...

Finally had some time with snowmageddon to really put some hours in. I am getting kinda pissed because im on the first taking points mission at the drive in and it refuses to let me build the radio transistor even though i have all of the parts. Any advice would be very helpful!

Also i would love to not have shitty guns and actual armor that isint the shitty raider stuff. A girl can dream...

Is it not letting you access the workbench? You have to run around and kill any and all baddies in the area. When I did it there was like...a bloatfly or whatever a little ways off that was stopping me.

Are you able to do multiple factions missions as you play through? I heard if you side with the brotherhood/ institute it locks you out of doing everyone elses.

You can do all of their missions for a while, but at a certain point you get locked out of others. It warns you before that happens though.

Oh nice. I was worried it wouldnt give me a "are you sure you want to do this" option and i get locked out without realizing it.

I have also reallzed i suck at modding stuff. Im level 15 and havent upgraded anything. Probably why im getting owned in some battles really badly.

Codsworth love it when you do upgrades, so don't worry about it unless he's your companion. I upgraded stuff to put silencers and shit on it later on.

Codsworth love it when you do upgrades, so don't worry about it unless he's your companion. I upgraded stuff to put silencers and shit on it later on.

It just seems like such a shift from fallout 3 and NV where you stumbled upon good shit as you wandered the wasteland. Im just perpetually finding the same shitty raider guns and armor.

It just seems like such a shift from fallout 3 and NV where you stumbled upon good shit as you wandered the wasteland. Im just perpetually finding the same shitty raider guns and armor.

Yeah, I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as 3. It was still fun...just missing something.

• 3 weeks later...

That big dlc looks like it'll be cool as fuck. I need to get back into the swing of this game now.

I hope so. It seems they're taking the same route they did with Skyrim. That game only had three dlcs, but Dawnguard and Dragonborn added a shit ton of new content, the latter taking place on a new land mass that was pretty decently sized. I'm hoping they make a ton of new content that takes place on a new map besides just Far Harbor. Fallout 3 and New Vegas both had 4 expansions that came with new playable areas and a boatload to do. Really hope we get at least 3 big expansions.