SAINTSGIVING (FREE RECORD GIVEAWAY) Round One (OVER): Every Time I Die - Salem 7"-----WINNER: eshame

The Saint

Hey VC! Through the past couple of years, we've seen a lot of giveaways and paying it forward. I've always loved the idea of giveaways, but lacked the money to do so. Well that won't be the case any longer.

Every few weeks to a month, I'm going to try and do a giveaway for a specific high profile release. It's my way of giving back to a community that has really allowed me to expand my love for music. I love being a member of VC, and I'm grateful for all the nice people I've met here. There will be minor specific guidelines for each giveaway. Nothing major. They will be similar to that of Secular Haze's giveaways (he really inspired me to do this). The winner will be selected at random using a random name generator online. And I'll cover everything. Record and cost of shipping. I hope this can be fun for the community just as it has been in the past! What do ya say VC?

ROUND ONE 

(Completed)

R-6841786-1427750574-6469.jpeg.jpg

Every Time I Die - Salem | 7" Record Store Day 2015 Exclusive | Brown/Red/Clear Swirl | 1000 Copies | Epitaph

To enter please post below with:

Your most memorable Record Store Day experience.

(Must have 25 posts to enter. I know a lot of lurkers will create accounts just to try and steal this release from a worthy VC member.)

Thank you and good luck! 

Honestly, today would have to be it. I've never done the whole "show up early and wait" thing, but I went for it this year. Got there with a buddy a few hours before the store opened and just shot the shit. We were both after copies of Deja, and we had fun watching people pull up and guessing whether or not they were too.

We both scored copies and got a shit ton of swag from the store. It was a good time. I plan on doing it again for Black Friday.

This is awesome...My favorite story is probably when I got a copy of converge/agorophobic nosebleed split 1st press from mojo in tampa for $30.00. I was looking around and found the copy randomly and it was priced at $60.I was checking out with other stuff and the guy asked Why I didn't get it and I told him I didn't have the money and he said "I see you here all the time, how about $30" it was awesome and I love that man.

Last year was dope. I was like 5th in line met some cool people. The one dude who was number 1 in line just wanted Ghost Busters. Remember that fucking frenzy for Ghost Busters 10" lmfao. Anyways, 2 of the dudes came back from Coachella or something, and pretty much everyone was smoking weed all night from the time I got there. And I got there around 2am. (yeah they all wanted fucking Ghost Busters) There's also this dude who just loves records in general and his wife got him a gift card exclusive to our small shop. He was an old guy. None of the record nerds in the front knew about VC which was fucking weird imo. Anyways, so they're all smoking pop, and we're in a white neighborhood and these were all white guys. And I'm pretty much from South East San Diego compared to where these guys are from. Cops drove by at least 3 times, I shit you not, and not once came over to say anything. I wasn't smoking so I didn't care but I couldn't believe it! Maybe they thought, "Oh shit, just some bums huddling together and smoking cigs" because two of the dudes from Coachella had sleeping bags. This shit is getting too long but here's the guy who was number 1. So I guess my story is I just met really cool people in line and shizzzz lmfao

Z1tkv5i.jpg

he's on the left and he's a hardcore poster collector and art figure collector such a down to earth dude!

The year Straylight Run's Prepare to Be Wrong was pressed for RSD was probably my most memorable. I always work saturdays, and It's a bitch to take them off so more often then not, I don't. I work at a flower shop in Chicago. Most of the time, I deliver the arrangements if I'm not making them. Since every store in Chicago seems to open at 9/10 am and I normally have work at 10:30, a lot of times I try and risk it. That year I risked it, waited in line, got to work about 15 minutes late (it was okay, I warned my boss I might be and he said itd be fine). But, I only got one thing from waiting in line. Couple hours go by, and I'm driving around. I try and stop at every record store I could find, even ones that normally I would never go in (theres a place that mostly sells house/DJ music, so I dont really bother, but that day I went in), and eventually, starting to give up, stopped at the smallest Reckless Records in Chicago, the Loop location. It was around 5:30/6 pm when I got there. Crowds had cleared, looked like a storm went through there. I nervously walked up to the counter and asked if they had "Prepare...", and the guy said "Hmmmm, I dont think so, but let me check." He leaves, comes back about 10 minutes later (which made me extra nervous cause I didn't pay a meter for parking and my car was running, thinking id be in and out with no one there), but it was worth the wait. He comes back with the record, and says "It's meant for you. I thought we were out, this one was sitting between two boxes. Don't know if we would've ever noticed it there." It wasn't even the fact that I had finally gotten the record I wanted that day, it was the employee's reaction to him giving me the record that was so memorable. It was like he bestowed a Hattori Hanzo upon me. The whole situation felt like I really was meant to get this record. Yup, idk. Thats all I got. I REALLY LOVE ME SOME ETID :D

...and everywhere I went in Chicago this year didnt have the ETID 7" :'(

Oh well, fun times. Also, for the record, I still has it. Definitely a prized possession to me now, even though I don't think they're even that hard to get at a modest price. (It was the red one /900)

This was what I woke up early and really hunted for but was unfortunately unable to even spot a single copy of.
Winning this would save RSD for me and easily make it my most memorable moment.
...It was a grim RSD and all hope was lost. Until a rainbow laser beam glowed through the vinyl heavens. 

Gang Warfare! Car Chases! Murder! My story may at least win the award for 'most action movie'

Last year I rolled up to Dusty Groove in Chicago at about 3am on my bike to find out I had JUST missed getting run over by a gang related car chase that led to a big crash and a shootout a few blocks to the south. I didn't even notice b/c there were not police lights or anything as it had just happened right then. The road is 2 lanes each direction but super narrow. Would have been a sitting duck about a minute earlier. Nearly gave my life for RSD. That has to count for something haha.

The full news story: 
http://abc7chicago.com/archive/9509266/

Pretty hilarious, but my first record store day the Bouncing Souls released the Jersey Pride 7". None of the stores in Atlanta got any, but my dad happened to be working in Boston for the weekend and the Newbury shop near him got 1. He got there about 15 minutes before they opened for me and called when he got in. I gave him my whole list since he was already there and he was reading it off on the phone to the guy. One of the records was a Fucked Up 7" and he was like we're going to skip that one. After they had everything else I wanted he was like "uhmmm F'ed Up" and the guys like "Fucked Up, no problem". My dad got a kick out of it. Got me everything I waned including the Souls 7" and HWM Live in Chicago vol. 1 and all I had to do was sit on the phone. Easiest RSD ever for me lol

In Russia we don't have RSD :(

So each year i have to spend lot of times in WEB to find some of releases that i want.

Best time was in 2011 when I wanna get Touche Amore ...To The Beat Of A Dead Horse with blind-letterpressed jacket.

This was on sale via deathwish at 3 AM in Russian time.

And in the moment when DW start to sell it - their store crashed for 2-3 hours more,

I have to sit and refreach each second untill I get it!

After this I spend 1 month to wait untill i get it.

It's still one of the best records in my collection.

This was the first year I really wanted to go but couldn't. I almost wanted to avoid the boards a few days. Then it turned out that a lot of people on here were super cool and helping others out. Ended up getting the 2 things I really cared about when I thought I would get nothing. These stories have me excited to finally go another year though.

This shouldn't count since I haven't gone yet, just wanted to throw it out there because Im out of up votes.

This was the first year that my buddies and I actually got up early and waited in line. We hadn't hung out much recently so it was great to hang outside the shop with the two of them for a couple hours and catch up on stuff. When the only copy of Deja got sold from the shop, the guy who got it came out screaming and holding it above his head. I watched a few people around me, including my buddy, get pretty disappointed when they realized they didn't have the opportunity to snag one. It was kinda funny to me. Although it wasn't my first RSD, it was certainly my favorite. I got pretty much every release I as after except for this one.

Thanks for doing this, Saint.

My first time going out for RSD was yesterday, and I had a lot of fun. It was really surprising to me how orderly the disorder was .Everybody was looking out for each other as much as themselves (minus the Deja, lol). I even asked some guy "Where'd you find the GWAR? I didn't see any out." and he just handed me his and told me I'd enjoy it more if I was still hunting for it 20 minutes after the place opened. Very surprised with the people, was really expecting WalMart Black Friday behavior. Overall it was fun though!

The first year I went was my favourite one.  That was before it blew up and I was able to waltz in right when the shop opened, grab pretty much everything I wanted and go back home and enjoy them.  No lines and no headaches :)

This year has been pretty cool because I've had friends helping me out and I was able to sleep in and not worry so much!

This was the first year I went! I met a really cool girl my age who also was looking to get the Real Friends pic disc, and there were exactly two at my record shop, so we both scored one! I had fun talking to her, she told me about the American Candy tour with The Maine, Real Friends, and Knuckle Puck that she went to earlier this month in Anaheim. I also met a really chill guy who was with his girlfriend looking to score the white stripes, which they did, so I was happy for them :) The line wasn't even that long at my shop, and everyone was SO nice and helpful, employees and other people in line for RSD! Overall, it was a really awesome and fun experience, and I'm looking forward to RSD 2016! :)

4th RSD so far for me was yesterday and it was easily the best one yet. I went to a new store in the area and they opened hours before all of the others in town (7am) so it was cool that if they didnt have everything i needed, i had time to get the next store and get in line. All in all they had everything i wanted besides ETID and PBTT oh well, they were all good dudes and helped me try and find them because they werent entirely sure if they ordered both or not. Fantastic store and it is going to be my main one from here on out.