The SYNTHWAVE Thread

Guest Secular Haze

I know that there are a ton of options and plenty to go around, but just basing things off of how every other Perturbator release has gone, I am amazed that nothing is sold out yet.

Sadly, the Pert vinyl craze ended last year. Too many pressings.

I'm not sure which is worse. My paying $70 for one record or paying $13 to ship that one record via media mail.

Are you referring to the box set? If so, it's a 3LP box set that's probably gonna be pretty hefty, and Blood Music does a top notch job on shipping. I've never had a damaged record from 'em. I'm not to chaffed on the shipping charges.

So much speculation on here:

* The Perturbator vinyl craze has died down.

Oh it has?  I didn't even mention this was live anywhere, and this was his biggest launch ever.

* $13 is too much to ship within the USA.

I am located in Helsinki Finland, and I have to maintain two warehouses and also have to pay someone to ship for me in USA - I think that's a pretty small price to pay because paying to ship to you from Finland would probably be 40+ EUR.

* $30 is too much to ship within Europe.

Well as far as I know, shipping a ~2kg package within Europe from almost any other country besides Germany will run you a pretty penny.

--

Thank you to everyone who supported thus far!

And yeah, IT'S ALL LIVE FOR PRE-ORDER: http://www.blood-music.com/store

Well as far as I know, shipping a ~2kg package within Europe from almost any other country besides Germany will run you a pretty penny.

Yeah, I wasn't implying that $30 shipping is too high, I was just pointing out that US folks really shouldn't complain over the price of an EU release when they get it cheaper than EU folks. :)

Yeah, I wasn't implying that $30 shipping is too high, I was just pointing out that US folks really shouldn't complain over the price of an EU release when they get it cheaper than EU folks. :)

Ah yeah, I'm with you.  Putting in a lot of extra effort to make things affordable in USA (it's a big country where you can ship across it for very cheaply) and tons of people still trying to sh*t on it.  I would love to see one record release where there are 0 complaints, even tried to make it happen on this go but nope ... still always a few !  :blink:

Ah yeah, I'm with you.  Putting in a lot of extra effort to make things affordable in USA (it's a big country where you can ship across it for very cheaply) and tons of people still trying to sh*t on it.  I would love to see one record release where there are 0 complaints, even tried to make it happen on this go but nope ... still always a few !  :blink:

I honestly can't think of one thread on this board that there isn't a complaint in. Don't take anything you read here to heart! I haven't been over there in awhile, but I imagine it's the same way on the NWN forms. 

I was super nervous about how things would fare without the security blanket of a membership, but all things considered the process was great. I assume this will be one of, if not the biggest release of the year. Can't wait for the Sleepytime Gorilla Museum releases!

Ah yeah, I'm with you. Putting in a lot of extra effort to make things affordable in USA (it's a big country where you can ship across it for very cheaply) and tons of people still trying to sh*t on it. I would love to see one record release where there are 0 complaints, even tried to make it happen on this go but nope ... still always a few ! :blink:

I'm really glad you put in that extra effort otherwise my Blood Music collection wouldn't be anywhere near what it is today, thank you for that. Pretty stoked I got everything I wanted even though I was nervous about not having the membership. Can't wait to get it all.

Are you referring to the box set? If so, it's a 3LP box set that's probably gonna be pretty hefty, and Blood Music does a top notch job on shipping. I've never had a damaged record from 'em. I'm not to chaffed on the shipping charges.

The box would have to weigh over 20 pounds to cost $13 to ship with media mail.

Must really suck paying $13 to ship a boxset from EU to US, when it costs $30 to ship that same boxset within EU. :)

Media mail is a service provided by the United States Postal Service when shipping within the US. Not sure why you would compare that to the cost to ship internationally.

I am located in Helsinki Finland, and I have to maintain two warehouses and also have to pay someone to ship for me in USA - I think that's a pretty small price to pay because paying to ship to you from Finland would probably be 40+ EUR.

Normally charging for overhead in the cost of "shipping" is frowned upon. I wouldn't charge someone $10 dollars for a record than charge them $20 for shipping in the US because running a business is expensive. 

It's your business & you can do what you want but I would have bought the record even if it was $80 & media mail was $4.  I just think that saying the record is $70 & then making up for whatever costs you aren't including in that price through the cost of "media mail" is slightly deceptive.

So much speculation on here:

* The Perturbator vinyl craze has died down.

Oh it has?  I didn't even mention this was live anywhere, and this was his biggest launch ever.

--

Thank you to everyone who supported thus far!

And yeah, IT'S ALL LIVE FOR PRE-ORDER: http://www.blood-music.com/store

At first I was all, "They too sensitive!"

The box would have to weigh over 20 pounds to cost $13 to ship with media mail.

Media mail is a service provided by the United States Postal Service when shipping within the US. Not sure why you would compare that to the cost to ship internationally.

Normally charging for overhead in the cost of "shipping" is frowned upon. I wouldn't charge someone $10 dollars for a record than charge them $20 for shipping in the US because running a business is expensive. 

It's your business & you can do what you want but I would have bought the record even if it was $80 & media mail was $4.  I just think that saying the record is $70 & then making up for whatever costs you aren't including in that price through the cost of "media mail" is slightly deceptive.

Then I was all, "Well, maybe not..."

tumblr_n20jj4Kozj1rpa5uxo2_500.gif

And then I just got stuck watching this Duchovny gif loop until the Sun went down and the dog needed feeding.