The SYNTHWAVE Thread

From Blood Music Facebook:

OK! You folks win. GosT "Behemoth" was the fastest selling LP pressing in the history of the label and also one of the most-requested represses - so it's already pressing again (alongside those Perturbator 2xLPs) and will go back for sale after the summer.

Once again, NO splatter (sold out) but be expecting some pretty nice new configurations. smile emoticon

Stoked for the Repress

Never heard this guys albums, but I dug his stuff in Hotline Miami 1 and 2. Saw these represses and spontaneously dropped $37 on a pink copy having only heard half the album (that freakin artwork mang) Afterwards I was a bit worried on my first listen - but now it's seriously growing on me. Love the campy, sci-fi action vibe. Some good melodies on there too.

• 1 month later...

Any fans of the genre need to check out the latest New Retro Wave compilation: https://newretrowave.bandcamp.com/album/magnatron

They're also releasing it on 2xLP, apparently only one pressing of 200 copies. It's expensive ($35), but I just listened to it and had to pick it up.

0005294021_10.jpg

Any of you who may have missed out on Gost's - Behemoth, or Perturbator's - Terror 404, Blood Music is respressing them on some dope glow in the dark variants. Unlike others, these are actually made like normal vinyl and not plastic glow in the dark pieces, so they sound much better.

I would be inclined to agree with you. Not only did both albums sell out almost immediately the first time, the Dangerous Days variant had maybe 20 or so available after the members got to em. He ended up overselling due to the traffic but was cool enough to have the plant make more for the 25 or so people that ended up with the oversold orders.

lYIRMNv.png

Maaaan, that GITD Gost looks awesome. I *really* don't want to drop 30 EUR on the membership just to get my hands on it though.

Damn son I may need to do the membership, shits too clean, need that 404 too when it drops..

Also thats a 7 AM drop time for here on the west coast, might be risky without the membership..

Gost just isn't doing it for me. Not sure why - I dig the style, but the melodies of his songs are very generic and devoid of emotional content for me. Nothing even close to the way the bass line in Perturbator's "Future Club" changes its emotional context as the chords shift, for example. Just very cut-and-dry. Besides the sounds themselves there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to dig into - and the drum beat being a boring 4 on the floor for every single track isn't helping either.

gave Gost a few more listens and I just can't get into it. It's a shame, I love that artwork and wax, but the music just isn't for me.

however that perturbator GITD looks fucking orgasmic. what's the deal on this club thing? I don't want to pay to have the opportunity to buy this record, but I really want the record.

wat do