The SYNTHWAVE Thread

Wow, those didn't last long. Glad to hear you got one in Vic! BTW, did you listen to it yet, or are you still holding off?

still holding off.  call me old fashioned but I like to have the record in hand before I listen to it.  I tend to enjoy and appreciate an album more when I can find the time to sit down and play it on the stereo rather than stream or download it onto the ol'ipod.  

I know it will be good and can wait until around March 1st to check it out.  

Actually only things recently ive listened to before I had the record was those pert eps.  Bought a new house in november and was doing a bunch of renos so i plugged in my ipod for the first time in 2 years and tossed his discograpy, the dan terminus and gost records as well as the death grips discography onto it.  listened to that mix on loop for about a month straight.  painting bedrooms and laying new flooring cant get much more epic than doing it to some top notch synthwave.

Mondo is putting up the new Slasher Film Festival LP on Wednesday. It's streaming over at Noisey and is also available on Bandcamp, I believe. 

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/slasher-film-festival-strategy-premiere

It's pretty damn good from what I've heard, but not sure it's $30 + $7 shipping good.

Mondo is putting up the new Slasher Film Festival LP on Wednesday. It's streaming over at Noisey and is also available on Bandcamp, I believe. 

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/slasher-film-festival-strategy-premiere

It's pretty damn good from what I've heard, but not sure it's $30 + $7 shipping good.

I like his stuff quite a bit. This is a Death Waltz release so be sure to look for it under that tab in the Mondo music section. The total cost may be too much for me, unfortunately. Especially when I can buy HiRes audio files for the same price as Mondo's shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

My carpenter Brut trilogy on red came in today.. couldnt be happier and enjoying my first taste of Carpenter Brut.  Amazing care went into the shipping, records were outside of the sleeve but still sealed inside. top notch.  

(west coast canada)

That's awesome! Had no idea these were shipping already. Did you receive any shipping confirmation or did it just show up? Just logged in and checked my order status for the hell of it and don't see any change.

More importantly though, how is your first listen?

That's awesome! Had no idea these were shipping already. Did you receive any shipping confirmation or did it just show up? Just logged in and checked my order status for the hell of it and don't see any change.

More importantly though, how is your first listen?

it just showed up, and my order status hadnt changed before it shipped.  seeing as it would of made it into town (about as far from berlin as possible) last friday, it must have been in the air at least 7 days prior.

sounds phenomenal. SUPER clean pressing, no issues at all.  if i had to be picky, it is ever so slightly bowled .. like a  tiny tiny tiny bit.  doesnt cause any problems.

sleeve has a couple sligth creases, manufacturing most likely. its a big sleeeve and the stock could be heavier, if ihad to be picky.

art is dope, red vinyl is red.. tunes are pretty epic.

dig

Talked to one of the person behind Førtifem, the artists of the cover of Carpenter Brut & Gost ! Said the cover of the repress was incredibly difficult to do because they had to "redo" all of the first artwork (which was apparently a pain in the ass to make).

He also told me that they made tons of artworks for the upcoming Gost album, and that it could end up in a booklet with all these artworks !

They also worked on the new Carpenter Brut...

Got my Carpenter Brut gig poster signed too, stoked ! :D