The SYNTHWAVE Thread

The box would have to weigh over 20 pounds to cost $13 to ship with media mail.

Media mail is a service provided by the United States Postal Service when shipping within the US. Not sure why you would compare that to the cost to ship internationally.

Normally charging for overhead in the cost of "shipping" is frowned upon. I wouldn't charge someone $10 dollars for a record than charge them $20 for shipping in the US because running a business is expensive. 

It's your business & you can do what you want but I would have bought the record even if it was $80 & media mail was $4.  I just think that saying the record is $70 & then making up for whatever costs you aren't including in that price through the cost of "media mail" is slightly deceptive.

Found the mailman. 

Ah yeah, I'm with you.  Putting in a lot of extra effort to make things affordable in USA (it's a big country where you can ship across it for very cheaply) and tons of people still trying to sh*t on it.  I would love to see one record release where there are 0 complaints, even tried to make it happen on this go but nope ... still always a few !  :blink:

Dude. I'm the same guy who about 2 years ago sent you photos of a box that arrived with two totally torn/split open corners. 3 of the 5 records hanging out of one of the corners had magically managed to worm their way through your bullet proof paper mesh covering & get significant tears on two of them with pretty gnarly bends on all 5 of them.

You know that sick to your stomach feeling you get when you are super disappointed after waiting 3-4 months for something you expect to be awesome to arrive & instead it shows up totally fucked up? Well I had that feeling when the guy at UPS handed me this box. I even took photos PRIOR to opening the box because the damage was so impressive.

I emailed you the photos & was super polite about it all & you acted slightly put off by my simply asking if you had any extra sleeves.

After bitching at length about how hard and expensive running a label by yourself is & my only having asked for 3 sleeves, you charged me $20 for them. Cool.

I then sent you $20 for the sleeves.

AFTER I sent the money, you then told me I had to wait until I ordered more records from you so you could include the sleeves with that order & not have to pay for shipping the sleeves separately.

Awesome. Whatever.

I totally realize I'm an idiot for continuing to order from you. But maybe next time you refer to people as shitting on your releases simply because they criticize the amount you charge for media mail, you should consider that maybe that person has dealt with you before & has a reason for being a bit bitter/critical with how you do things.

My current order with you is #7879 & is for one copy of the Perturbator "The Uncanny Valley" clear 3xlp box. I would greatly appreciate it if you cancel/refund this order. While you're at it, you can look at all the other stuff I've ordered from you over the years without a single complaint other than the damaged sleeves I mentioned above. Lastly, you can take solace in the fact that there will be one less person in the world with a reason to "sh*t" on one of your releases ever again.  :blink:

Dude. I'm the same guy who about 2 years ago sent you photos of a box that arrived with two totally torn/split open corners. 3 of the 5 records hanging out of one of the corners had magically managed to worm their way through your bullet proof paper mesh covering & get significant tears on two of them with pretty gnarly bends on all 5 of them.

You know that sick to your stomach feeling you get when you are super disappointed after waiting 3-4 months for something you expect to be awesome to arrive & instead it shows up totally fucked up? Well I had that feeling when the guy at UPS handed me this box. I even took photos PRIOR to opening the box because the damage was so impressive.

I emailed you the photos & was super polite about it all & you acted slightly put off by my simply asking if you had any extra sleeves.

After bitching at length about how hard and expensive running a label by yourself is & my only having asked for 3 sleeves, you charged me $20 for them. Cool.

I then sent you $20 for the sleeves.

AFTER I sent the money, you then told me I had to wait until I ordered more records from you so you could include the sleeves with that order & not have to pay for shipping the sleeves separately.

Awesome. Whatever.

I totally realize I'm an idiot for continuing to order from you. But maybe next time you refer to people as shitting on your releases simply because they criticize the amount you charge for media mail, you should consider that maybe that person has dealt with you before & has a reason for being a bit bitter/critical with how you do things.

My current order with you is #7879 & is for one copy of the Perturbator "The Uncanny Valley" clear 3xlp box. I would greatly appreciate it if you cancel/refund this order. While you're at it, you can look at all the other stuff I've ordered from you over the years without a single complaint other than the damaged sleeves I mentioned above. Lastly, you can take solace in the fact that there will be one less person in the world with a reason to "sh*t" on one of your releases ever again.  :blink:

Dude, I think I love you.

I know it's a 3xLP but $70 is insane. I still ordered it since Amazon doesn't charge until they ship - that way if it sells out I won't be out of options, but Jesus.

Can't you preorder from the UK amazon for cheaper and have it shipped to the US?  This is what I was planning on doing...