The SYNTHWAVE Thread

Dan Terminus “The Wrath of Code” 2xLP

Pre-order: mid-October, 2016.
Release: December 2nd, 2016.

At last, the long-awaited and hard-earned vinyl release of Dan Terminus "The Wrath of Code." Originally found in only 53 Bandcamp collections on Dan's own page, a re-release through Blood Music has seen it rocket up to more than 1000 collections, as well as a sold out tape release, and a well-supported CD release. Requested hundreds of times ... finally, Dan Terminus will hit wax for the first time ever. Also, a bonus video game for those who buy the color vinyl.

* “The Wrath of Code” on heavyweight 180-gram+ 2xLP.
* Mastered specifically for vinyl from the 24-bit original mixes.
* Heavyweight 350gsm gatefold jacket with a spot-printed pantone fluorescent green on the inner gatefold layout and black flood printing inside the jacket pockets.
* All COLORED VINYL copies include a Steam key to download a free copy of Flying Oak games's "NeuroVoider," the video game which uses the entirety of "The Wrath of Code" as its soundtrack.
* Black inner sleeves.

* Vinyl colors:

- SPLATTER SWIRL: A transparent orange/ultra-clear swirl with opaque green and black splatter [NOTE: this combination will not exhibit a strong swirl effect, it will make the orange a lighter shade + show trails of transparent emanating from the opaque splatter] - comes with download card for NeuroVoider - [65 copies USA/Canada, 135 copies Rest of the World]
- OPAQUE ORANGE - comes with download card for NeuroVoider - [65 copies USA/Canada, 135 copies Rest of the World]
- BLACK [55 copies USA/Canada, 95 copies Rest of the World]

14682077_1206887272701931_66230812391296

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, PRINCE said:

NO LA??? WTF?

I saw Gost in LA about a year ago and there was literally 8 people in the venue.  I blame it solely on the bad venue, bad promotion, and crazy set times.  So, I can understand if he doesn't want to come back, but I sure hope they do add a date here.

Just now, NoStairwayDenied said:

I saw Gost in LA about a year ago and there was literally 8 people in the venue.  I blame it solely on the bad venue, bad promotion, and crazy set times.  So, I can understand if he doesn't want to come back, but I sure hope they do add a date here.

its a perturbator tour, not sure if gost is on the bill.

4 minutes ago, NoStairwayDenied said:

Last halloween right? I ALMOST went, but his set time was something stupid like 4 or 5 a.m, I ended up doing the Ugly Mane show the next day, I'm sure LA will get thrown in eventually, we feindin out here!

17 hours ago, Cloudsbelow said:

its a perturbator tour, not sure if gost is on the bill.

Yeah, I don't know why I thought that.  I guess with all the news of Carpenter Brut and Perturbator going on US tours I dreamed that at night or something...

16 hours ago, PRINCE said:

Last halloween right? I ALMOST went, but his set time was something stupid like 4 or 5 a.m, I ended up doing the Ugly Mane show the next day, I'm sure LA will get thrown in eventually, we feindin out here!

That was it, I forgot that was Halloween.  Yeah, I think Gost went on around 3 or 4am right after Dawn of The Dead who also had like 6 people in the crowd.  They didn't tell anyone what the "secret venue" was till the night of the damn show, you just knew it was downtown somewhere.  The few people that were there I think were all in the other synth bands that were playing that night, my friend and I might of literally been the only fans.  More people just randomly walk into a show at the Echo, he would of had more people at another venue... I hope.

16 hours ago, anomynous said:

He's getting at the fact synthwave isn't relevant in the US

This is the sad truth. 700 people go shithouse over the Stranger Things theme at a S U R V I V E  show, but if they weren't on TV I don't think most people would be there.  Not everyone can do a TV or movie soundtrack...

Edited by NoStairwayDenied

2 hours ago, T2000 said:

No need of a "Blood Music" like blabla promotion for this news:

Carpenter Brut.

Trilogy Repress confirmed.

By the end of the year.

Save some money boys, I just hope it will be with a new alternate cover thus I'll have 3 different versions of it :)

Fuck yes.  Regretted cancelling my order from Amazon when it was up for preorder.