PO: John Lennon - The Vinyl Collection

http://johnlennonmusic.com/

John Lennon's eight remastered solo albums are gathered for Lennon, the 8LP boxed collection on heavyweight, 180-gram vinyl with authentically replicated original artwork
Out on 8th June, Lennon is the first collection of John Lennon's solo albums to be released on vinyl, and the eight LP's will also be available to buy individually from 21st August

The Music:
  • All eight John Lennon studio albums were remastered in 2010 from the original analogue tapes by Yoko Ono and a team of engineers from Abbey Road Studios in London and Avatar Studios in New York
  • These remasters are now being released on vinyl for the very first time
  • LENNON is the first collection of John Lennon's solo albums to be released on vinyl, and the eight LPs will be released individually in August 2015.
  • Each new Vinyl Master has been cut from the 24-96 HD Digital Masters by Sean Magee at the world renowned Abbey Road Studios
  • LPs are cut on heavyweight 180g audiophile vinyl and manufactured for the world by Optimal Media in Germany
The Artwork:
  • Each of the LPs within LENNON is an authentic reproduction of its original UK pressing, faithfully replicated to the smallest detail
  • In keeping with the original album artwork:
    • Imagine contains reproductions of its two postcards, poster and inner sleeve
    • Some Time In New York City includes reproductions of its original postcard and inner sleeves
    • Walls and Bridges includes its sleeve with two fold-over flaps, an eight-page booklet and inner sleeve
    • Mind Games, Double Fantasy and Milk and Honey also include faithful reproductions of their original inner sleeves
  • All brought together in an exquisite rigid slipcase box

I don't understand why this says these albums were remastered from the analog tapes, but cut from digital masters. I hope there's some clarification of that!

They probably mean that the analog tapes were transferred to digital masters, and that these digital masters will be used for the new vinyl.

Damn...I will definitely want to get these. I haven't seen a price yet anywhere (has anyone else?). I have pretty good condition copies of most of his albums (and fairly poor condition copies of the rest). But, I would love to get this if I can justify the price.

Edit: Nevermind, it's $199.99 on Amazon. That's kind of to be expected. Hm, I'll see if I can get it on sale sometime.

Same thing can be said about the Beatles Box Sets... both of them.

No, not the mono set. There wasn't a mono White Album issued in the US. Plus, collecting record for nearly twenty years, I've found one or maybe two mono copies of the Capital albums. It's mostly stereo by and large.

The mono beatles set would have been a bargain at 3 times the price. UK monos in nice playing condition aren't abundant or cheap. Any one of those records in mint condition would likely cost you hundreds of pounds. Considerably more when you're an American who has to import them and compete with the rest of the international collector's market.