Diiv - Is The Is Are, Coming Fall 2015

When does the DIIV VMP go on sale? If I purchase the "crate" membership today or tomorrow, can I purchase the DIIV album? Or do I have to wait til a certain date? I cannot find any info on VMP.

Thanks.

Purchase the sub at any point (tonight, tomorrow, etc. – it's good for a month). The store will be open tomorrow morning with the DIIV exclusive variant up for grabs.

(not to be taken seriously) I think I read someone said it reminded them of Sonic Youth. I don't mean this as a cynic response but as a long time Sonic Youth fan since the 90s, I whole heartedly disagree that this is anywhere near that sound. First off, Sonic Youth had completely obscure guitar tunings, and I can confidently say diiv are hell bent on standard tuning plucking two strings at a time. Just because your boy zach cole smitty starts to rep Sonic Youth on his tumblr doesn't mean they 'sound' like Sonic Youth aesthetically. It was the same with Kurt Cobain. Somehow, zach cole smitty convinced tons of tumblr tweens that him and sky were the next Kurt/Courtney and that maybe their music, (which is far off from Nirvana's or Courtneys Band's sound) matched sonically. I don't know what the hell is going on with listeners these days but I had to clear that up lol. Howeverrrrr I do love this album. It's alot airier and poppier while there are some dark maybe more fiercer tracks than Oshiin. Think dreampop meets post punk with that crunchy yet heavy bass. Like literally that's all I could think of this album as, which totally isn't a bad thing, it's very pleasurable to listen to.

Still my fav Dive track 

If they are pressing 2000+ for the deluxe, odds are that you will at least see some pop up in local shops. Also having experienced CT being slow at shipping stuff before even when you pre-order (Salad Days poo-banana colored repress), I don't really want to wait for my record.