Diiv - Is The Is Are, Coming Fall 2015

the colors of the CT one match the cover the best for sure.

I'm just trying not to buy more than two of these and would rather have the more limited ones for now.

aside from the CT extras, the Newbury pressing is essentially the same as the CT one. LP1 is blue + red splatter for both, while CT offers LP2 as a pink splatter and Newbury, a yellow splatter. might as well get Newbury's variant and enjoy a more exclusive colorway.

as someone who preordered from CT pretty early on, i'm a bit disappointed. maybe it's just that Newbury and VMP have stolen CT's thunder, but i remember other CT special editions seeming a lot cooler (especially thinking of Craft Spells' latest).

just a heads up. These are all the available variants. Email directly from Captured tracks.

1. Rough Trade Exclusive - 500 copies. LP 1 is pressed on Clear + White Marbled vinyl with Pink and LP 2 is pressed on Clear + White Marbled vinyl with Red. No extra art assets.

2. Newbury Exclusive - 500 copies. LP 1 is pressed on Clear + White Marbled vinyl with Yellow and LP 2 is pressed on Clear + White Marbled vinyl with Blue. No extra art assets.

3. Vinyl Me Please - 500 copies. LP 1 is pressed on White into Pink vinyl and LP 2 is pressed on Pink into White vinyl. No extra art assets.

4. Captured Tracks Edition:

Our edition exceeds the pressing quantity of the other versions and includes: 
- An Alternate Double-Sided 12" x 24" Wraparound Cover
- A 32-page Chapbook of Art & Poetry on top of the two 12-page Art & Lyric Booklets that come with every record 
- LP 1 is pressed on Clear + White Marbled Vinyl with Blue & Yellow
- LP 2 is pressed on Clear + White Marbled Vinyl with Pink & Red

Can anyone explain what "Clear + White Marbled Vinyl" will look like?  I don't get it.  I don't think I've ever seen a description like that.  Are they basically implying it will be like a slightly opaque clear vinyl?

Probably clear with with white streaks or whisps. The color portion will probably be splatter like.

any info on the retail variant? I take it for granted that it will only be standard black vinyl, which I can live with. But does anyone know whether it will also have the foil printed cover etc.? If I understood CT's statement correctly, even the standard version is going to come with two art/lyric books - that would be super nice!

• 2 weeks later...