Diiv - Is The Is Are, Coming Fall 2015

Ok, I've travelled down to Argentina (can't get enough of Buenos Aires, one of my favorite cities) to watch them along with Wild Nothing. Both bands are constantly played around here so you can guess that it was a promising experience. I was surprised that Wild Nothing had something close to 40% of the set based on new songs. He probably has an album ready to go at this point, new songs are as good as anything you'd expect from him. Diiv played faster than in the album and the new singles (I was aware of that tendency), they have this "punk" / "whatever" attitude that pushes them away from the studio recordings so I'd say it wasn't the right occasion to judge the songs that I'vent heard before.

Has a great time, argentinians were crazy, stagedived, climbed the stage, it was fun. I'd say Diiv delivered exactly what I expected from them but Wild Nothing went further and surprised me with somewhat of a huge and very well crafted sound.

Ok, I've travelled down to Argentina (can't get enough of Buenos Aires, one of my favorite cities) to watch them along with Wild Nothing. Both bands are constantly played around here so you can guess that it was a promising experience. I was surprised that Wild Nothing had something close to 40% of the set based on new songs. He probably has an album ready to go at this point, new songs are as good as anything you'd expect from him. Diiv played faster than in the album and the new singles (I was aware of that tendency), they have this "punk" / "whatever" attitude that pushes them away from the studio recordings so I'd say it wasn't the right occasion to judge the songs that I'vent heard before.

Has a great time, argentinians were crazy, stagedived, climbed the stage, it was fun. I'd say Diiv delivered exactly what I expected from them but Wild Nothing went further and surprised me with somewhat of a huge and very well crafted sound.

It's going to be three years since Empty Estate EP and almost 4 with the Nocturne LP. Definitely wondered where the hell he went but I'm glad he's figuring out an album to put out soon enough.