OUT NOW: Refused - Freedom

Ordered the gold/black variant. Expecting the mock up to look better than the end result. 

Even if it didn't, I still think I'd prefer it to an opaque violet or super bright yellow.  By and far the best match to the album art, and the fact it's the cheapest option is just icing on the cake.

As someone who prefers The Shake of Punk to Come far and above the rest of their material, I will say that the new track is definitely doing it for me, instrumentally.  All in all it feels a little polished - which is a bit strange to hear - and there are some goofy things going on with the vocals here and there, but I definitely dig it enough to pre-order in good faith.  Very eager to hear the whole thing.

I've had horrible luck lately with overseas shipping.

Still haven't received my Toundra, btw Derek.

That's ridiculous.  I know you made calls and followed through on it, but mine literally showed up after a week.  If that.  Hopefully it turns up soon.

KRM are very hit and miss with me.  I've received a damaged item or two in the past, and both times they apologized (and were quick to send a replacement, so long as I returned the product) but made it a point to tell me that they normally don't make that kind of exception.  "That's the risk you take when you opt for the cheaper shipping."  Or something.  Both were stateside orders.

That's ridiculous.  I know you made calls and followed through on it, but mine literally showed up after a week.  If that.  Hopefully it turns up soon.

KRM are very hit and miss with me.  I've received a damaged item or two in the past, and both times they apologized (and were quick to send a replacement, so long as I returned the product) but made it a point to tell me that they normally don't make that kind of exception.  "That's the risk you take when you opt for the cheaper shipping."  Or something.  Both were stateside orders.

And if you order in EU store and have some damaged items, they will never responce you.

I have 2 green day LP's with damaged cover due to shit packaging and one Anti-Flag LP with wrong color (black instead of limited red/white).

And didn't get any responce on this issues.

Dennis, are you listening?

Is there something that I'm missing?

Where is the passion?

Was it just fiction?

If that's the best that we can do,

Well, I'd rather be dead.

Because the shape of punk to come

Never came and will never come.

Sometimes false hope is better than nothing at all.

Sometimes a dying breath can make true words.

Dennis, are you listening?

Is there something that I'm missing?
Where is the passion?
Was it just fiction?
If that's the best that we can do,
Well, I'd rather be dead.

Because the shape of punk to come
Never came and will never come.

If the new Refused is half as good as the UN S/T, I'll be a happy camper.

I might kick myself later but I'm passing.  I'm a big fan of Refused but I'm terrified to hear what new material sounds like 20+ years later.

Don't worry, if it ends up being a great album and you're the only sucker that didn't pick one up, I'll sell you mine for above cost! #rarevinylz 

I might kick myself later but I'm passing. I'm a big fan of Refused but I'm terrified to hear what new material sounds like 20+ years later.

I considered this, however, it's been decades since TSOPTC came out. That's a loooong time to perfect the follow up.

Or maybe this will be the punk version of Chinese Democracy, if they didn't post a new song that was actually good I would have waited too.