OUT NOW: Refused - Freedom

I don't hate the new track but definitely having second thoughts about POing the album

Me too.  Wonder if I can cancel?  I've never cancelled a PO in my life... I usually just bite the bullet and allow myself to really give the record a chance.  But, in this case...  :unsure:

I haven't even listened to the new track, but I already thought Elektra was kinda meh. With this one supposedly being worse, I'm starting to lose interest in all of this..

As someone who was pretty nonplussed with Elektra, but found it to grow on me... I've got to say that this new track is pretty bad.  If I didn't know any better, I wouldn't have guessed I was in a Refused thread after listening to it.

If all you'd ever heard was SOPTC, you'd think that song was from an album two or three albums before it. Terrible English as a second language Euro lyrics and unoriginal music, but just enough to hear the beginnings of what they would become.

That said, they wouldn't be the first band to make a masterpiece and subsequently drop everything that made that record unique and churn out dull record after dull record.

i dont think id listen to that song if it was from any other band... it would be easy to say i hate it but i don't. Im not gonna make any judgement as of now, i did not like SOPTC when it came out, i started liking it like 2 years after so im waiting to listen to the whole thing and find out its actually a masterpiece... i know this is silly, im not stupid. i just want to beliebe

They played a few new tracks when i saw them during Punk Rock Bowling. They sounded really rad. Yes different, but they were very good live. That being said, I'm still really stoked for this album.

Set list from their show at the observatory the next day, it was pretty much the same thing:

Elektra 
The Shape of Punk to Come 
The Refused Party Program 
Rather Be Dead 
Summerholidays vs. Punkroutine 
Françafrique 
The Deadly Rhythm 
Dawkins Christ 
Coup d'état 
Hook, Line and Sinker 
Refused Are Fucking Dead 
Liberation Frequency