OUT NOW: Refused - Freedom

new track is OK, have to give it a few more listens but it's a lot simpler than TSOPTC and way more polished than anything before that. I'm also dumb and preordered before reading the thread fully or checking my email so I got the yellow before I knew of the org her options. ordered a black & gold and requested that my original order be cancelled, hopefully they do it.

Friendly reminder to absolutely purchase the EU variant if you don't want a shitty quality record. Don't come crying to me when these come in and your US pressing is of terrible quality.

Does Epitaph press exclusively at United or something?  Why the certainty that the EU press will sound great and the US press will sound bad?

I think it'll have more to do with how this was recorded/mixed/mastered rather than which plant they use......I've had plenty of PiratePress (Czech pressings) sound just as poor as URP pressed records....one thing I'll absolutely give all Euro pressing plants: they ship their product a hell of a lot better than US plants do (Rainbow seems the best as far as shipping is concerned in the U.S. But Pirate Press still makes it to the U.S. Safer)

The new song is OK I think.   Dennis Lyxzén's vocals have changed in a way I dont care for.  Reminds me of how Keith Buckley from Every Time I Die sounded different after Hot Damn, apparently after screaming vocal lessons.

I'm not 100% sold on the vocals either, but I do think it's fair to say that most people's voices will change in the span of 17 years.

The more screaming vocal parts actually kind of remind me of Dave Grohl's screaming.

Everywhere I look online, there seem to be a handful of people insisting that.  I don't know if one person planted the idea and it's spread like wildfire, or if it legitimately sounds like Grohl.  I'm hardly at a place to say, being far from familiar or comfortable with his work (sorry Matt).