OUT NOW: Refused - Freedom

Not to challenge you [or anyone else], but could you link me to a song where Grohl sounds similar?  I'm legitimately curious.

Honestly, I don't know the Foo Fighters catalog very well after their first two albums. But some of the more recent Foo singles that I've heard on the radio have very similar vocal parts to this song. I'll dig around and see if I can come up with any. I'm sure someone on this board has much better Foo knowledge than I do.

Honestly, I don't know the Foo Fighters catalog very well after their first two albums. But some of the more recent Foo singles that I've heard on the radio have very similar vocal parts to this song. I'll dig around and see if I can come up with any. I'm sure someone on this board has much better Foo knowledge than I do.

We need mattphotographs / "Dave Grohl" up in here.

Not even joking, I'll check it out.

Dude, what I wouldn't give to listen to The Shape of Punk to Come again for the first time.  Not joking, do yourself a favor by devoting an hour of undivided attention to this groundbreaking album.  I promise you wont regret it.

I just listened to "Elektra" for the first time and I do hear the Grohlesque yowl. Yes, I read about the comparison before I listened and I think its justified. I'm certain I would have made the comparison myself if I hadn't read about it ahead of time. I'm not a big fan of Foo Fighters and the likeness does NOT bother me. What I also did hear from the song is a touch of Mastodon Blood Mountain era albeit much more simplified and not nearly as technically bombastic. Just a touch but its there and I dig it. Yes, his voice is very different now. I don't think its a bad thing. Its been nearly two decades since TSOPTC was recorded and after so much screaming and regular singing over the course of those years, yeah, something is bound to change about the quality of a man's voice. I like it overall. If I hear more that I like from this album, I'll likely pick it up.

Does Epitaph press exclusively at United or something? Why the certainty that the EU press will sound great and the US press will sound bad?

In recent years Epitaph Europe have used a Dutch plant called Record Industry for making vinyl to distribute locally. Their vinyl production is usually very good sounding. Personally I prefer what they do to the output of most other plants. If you should get the chance, try comparing US and EU versions recent Bad Religion or Propagandhi albums for an idea of the general gap in quality between them. The latest Title Fight record also had a troubled US press, while the one done in Holland sounds flawless.

Frontman Dennis Lyxzén states: “It’s not a reunion anymore. This is one of the most radical things we’ve ever done, both musically and lyrically.”

More radical than your collaboration with Bloody Beetroots ?

Come on Dennis !!

(I ordered the record anyway)

Yup, nothing more radical than working with Taylor Swift's people, and toning down your anti-capitalism agenda while simultaneously taking advantage of consumer trends...