[PO] The Dear Hunter - Act IV: Rebirth in Reprise

EDIT: it's on apple music for streaming! Apple music ftw!

Ahhh im traveling right now and only have an iPhone. Can someone please send me a link to a Dropbox folder with these mp3s? I can stream from Dropbox but cannot download from my MerchNow order email link I just got (desktop only)..

My order wont be here until next friday. I hate when they ship things on release day. Dont they know it takes more than a few hours to get to us when its being mailed via ground shipping through ups? Things should be shipped to be received on release day!

back in the day, i remember sometimes getting things by mail before release date. probably at hands of smartpunk most often. the good ol' days...

I've just received an e-mail with a new download link and a note reading:

"It has been brought to our attention that an audio anomaly persists in the digital download that was sent out. 

Attached is another digital download that has been screened and cleared of any audio issues. 
Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. Merchnow, The Dear Hunter, and Equal Vision records thanks you for your continued support.

If your audio issue persists please contact [email protected] and let us know immediately"

Got the bundle today minus the vinyl. The book is pretty cool. It's kind of random. There's a recipe for basil penne with shrimp. One thing I though was the coolest is that there are some images from the comic book. When is that gonna happen?! I'd buy the shit out of those.

Got the bundle today minus the vinyl. The book is pretty cool. It's kind of random. There's a recipe for basil penne with shrimp. One thing I though was the coolest is that there are some images from the comic book. When is that gonna happen?! I'd buy the shit out of those.

Hopefully soon, I'm so excited for that

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone could help me out, I'd really like to grab the new press of Gates' “The Sun Will Rise” that they have with them on this tour: http://gatesnj.tumblr.com/post/127800635957/putting-together-a-new-screen-printed-pressing-for. Ican't make the show by me, so if anyone can help out please let me know! I don't know what the cost is (probably $15-20), but I can Paypal it plus shipping and extra for your troubles. 

I'm a little unsure about whether i like this album or not. To me it sounds like another Migrant. I'm just having a hard time finding a story in it. All of the other acts I could listen and imagine a broadway musical in my head and there was a story I could follow, but this one I have no idea whats going on. Am I the only one who feels like that?

I'm a little unsure about whether i like this album or not. To me it sounds like another Migrant. I'm just having a hard time finding a story in it. All of the other acts I could listen and imagine a broadway musical in my head and there was a story I could follow, but this one I have no idea whats going on. Am I the only one who feels like that?

Not at all. I listened to it once and haven't gone back to it yet. It's just kinda... there...

I think on the first couple of listens I was put off by how glossy the production is. The same production techniques used for Migrant are definitely on this record.

I felt like the record ended poorly with Wait being a Black EP b-side and Ouroborous being an ill-fitting closer.

But after multiple listens, I think this one is really strong. All of the musical reprises connect this to the earlier stuff and there are lyrical reprises that connect it to the story as well as earlier records.

As for the ending, I'm assuming this is a cliffhanger ending and Act V will pick up right where this leaves off. I think this one is a grower and it will be considered one of the better installments.

I hear the connections. I'm just not following the story. I can't find one in this. The songs seem individual, like they are all unrelated. At first I thought I had something by thinking the Hunter was a captain on a war ship but then after a few more songs I had no idea what the hell was happening. Haha. And yeah, wait is basically the same song about God and Heaven as the one from the black EP.

I hear the connections. I'm just not following the story. I can't find one in this. The songs seem individual, like they are all unrelated. At first I thought I had something by thinking the Hunter was a captain on a war ship but then after a few more songs I had no idea what the hell was happening. Haha. And yeah, wait is basically the same song about God and Heaven as the one from the black EP.

I found the opposite actually! This definitely felt like an Act album to me and I found myself grasping the story probably easier than the other albums. I got obsessed! I think it flows really well from a story POV...you might wanna read some of the thoughts at Lake and the River and it might start joining some of the dots for you.

I think the only real 'Migrant' type song is Remembered, but when I hear the line "The flame might be gone but the fire remains' I get all giddy.

I didn't LOVE this as a whole until about 5 good listens through and but now I think it's probably my favorite. There is just sooo much here.

Can't wait for the Act 1 graphic novel - Casey just teased some more pics on his instagram!