[PO] The Dear Hunter - Act IV: Rebirth in Reprise

My friend ordered the mega bundle and traded me my swamp green for the oxblood.  She doesn't care about variants or rarity, so she was down for the trade.  That copy could possibly have been the dirtiest new record I've ever seen.  It was covered in a solid layer of vinyl dust.  After a clean, it was fine though.

Also, they were incredible last night. All three bands (Gates, CHON, and TDH) were on point.  Lots of Act IV stuff in the set, but a little from Act II, which was awesome.  If you get a chance to catch one of these shows, do it because I don't think I've seen the band playing so well. 

My friend ordered the mega bundle and traded me my swamp green for the oxblood.  She doesn't care about variants or rarity, so she was down for the trade.  That copy could possibly have been the dirtiest new record I've ever seen.  It was covered in a solid layer of vinyl dust.  After a clean, it was fine though.

Also, they were incredible last night. All three bands (Gates, CHON, and TDH) were on point.  Lots of Act IV stuff in the set, but a little from Act II, which was awesome.  If you get a chance to catch one of these shows, do it because I don't think I've seen the band playing so well. 

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that. It was crazy dusty. Probably even worse than the Paranorman bone haze variant.

It was crazy dusty. Probably even worse than the Paranorman bone haze variant.

Yeah, it definitely required a good cleaning. My ITTCT Red Forest haze was a bit worse.

Also, if anyone wants the beanie from the mega bundle for free hit me up. Don't really care for it. Just shoot me a few bucks for shipping. 

EDIT: Beanie claimed.

Finally gave a spin to my green copy, I'm extremely happy with the quality of this release..sounds fantastic.

I got my Oxblood this morning and it sounds terrible. Came with the layer of dust like everyone else but after a good clean it's got a LOT of surface noise and crackle. Pretty disappointed! Such a long wait.

I got my Oxblood this morning and it sounds terrible. Came with the layer of dust like everyone else but after a good clean it's got a LOT of surface noise and crackle. Pretty disappointed! Such a long wait.

Sorry to read this :o ...mine didn't need any cleaning and there is no trace of surface noise even in the quietest parts...

wish I could, so badly. Would love ya forever if you could pick me a up a Gates screenprinted version of the sun will rise! <3

They were way sold out dude.

Dear Hunter sound fucking sucked ass last night though. Gates and Chon sounded amazing, but the sound for Dear Hunter was super distorted and washed out, I was really bummed. Almost like everything was running too hot. The drums were also way in the background. Kinda bummed, because a better sound would have made that music fucking epic.

They were way sold out dude.

Dear Hunter sound fucking sucked ass last night though. Gates and Chon sounded amazing, but the sound for Dear Hunter was super distorted and washed out, I was really bummed. Almost like everything was running too hot. The drums were also way in the background. Kinda bummed, because a better sound would have made that music fucking epic.

Bummer. They played a crap venue when in town here, and I thought their soundman did a great job (for the venue). 

I am finally happy. My oxblood that I got in the mega bundle was a mess and as it was sold out there were no replacements available. I saw the swamp green wasn't on the merch site anymore and ordered from Amazon. It was showing as shipping in the next few days for a LONG time before it finally left - really didn't think they had any copies!

Got it earlier this week and thank the gods it sounds perfect. Love this album so much!

I am finally happy. My oxblood that I got in the mega bundle was a mess and as it was sold out there were no replacements available. I saw the swamp green wasn't on the merch site anymore and ordered from Amazon. It was showing as shipping in the next few days for a LONG time before it finally left - really didn't think they had any copies!

Got it earlier this week and thank the gods it sounds perfect. Love this album so much!

What color came from amazon?

Hmm...well it is does look goldish but it's pretty much what is on the merchnow site -

http://thedearhunter.merchnow.com/products/207576/act-iv-rebirth-in-reprise-swamp-green-180g-vinyl-2xlp

You got the gold. The swamp green is actually super dark and looks black unless held up to a light. Nothing like the preview at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...