90s Canadian Alternative/CanRock on Vinyl Thread

I feel like there's not nearly enough love for 1990s Canadian music on vinyl. And so I'm starting this thread for the few of us on here to try to appreciate what, if at all, is currently pressed from this era. I was an avid radio-listening, MuchMusic-watching kid in the mid-late 90s, and have a serious soft spot for a lot of the music from the era. But so little of it is available on vinyl (unless it came from Sloan's murderecords, and even then, most of that is hard to find).

Some records that I own/hope to own from this era:

Lowest of the Low - Shakespeare My Butt (rerelease)

Weeping Tile - Cold Snap (Sarah Harmer's old band - I love this one)

Hayden - Everything I Long For

Hayden - The Closer I get (rerelease)

Rheostatics - Whale Music (rerelease)

Sloan - One Chord to Another (someday I will own this - though I've heard they're working on a reissue?)

Local Rabbits - Kombinator

Change of Heart - 82-97 (recent compilation, but easily the worst mastered recorded I've heard in a long time)

There is a bunch more out there, but so much I wish I had on vinyl, like early treble charger, Thrush Hermit, and probably some other bands I feel a bit nostalgic for, like I Mother Earth, Moist, etc.

Anyone else have some good 90s Canadian vinyl?

Most of this kind of stuff was never pressed outside of the really big names (Blue Rodeo, Tragically Hip, etc).

Cult-level stuff that was pressed usually is pretty rare and expensive to get a hold of (Sloan, Eric's Trip). Thrush Hermit LPs were never pressed but all or most of Joel's post-TH stuff is available on vinyl.

I think some Big Sugar is available

I'd love to see presses of Matthew Good's material, Big Wreck.

All you really need is Anvil - Metal on Metal, though.

I've never seen the Weeping Tile LP but i know they made it (after the release of the album i think). I would LOVE to have a copy of it.

I keep passing on the Rheostatics Whale Music LP in my local because i always find something else to buy. It's priced at $27 i think. I'll pick it up one day.

I loved that Lowest of the Low album but can't bring myself to by the vinyl. I'm sure they mastered it properly but i don't know anyone who owns it and can verify that.

I have a couple Hayden albums on LP but most still on CD. The rereleases i have are Skyscraper (2013 clear of500) and  The Closer I Get (2014 of500?)

Love that Sloan album but i have nothing on vinyl

If you don't have the first Limblifter album on vinyl yet do yourself a favour and pick it up. It's on White vinyl and is usually around $20. The mastering is amazing for that album. They took a lot of time to do it right (or so i;ve been told).

Another favourite of mine is Joel Plaskett (Thrush Hermit). Just picked his new album up on Thursday last week. It's good. Not his best. My favourites of his are In need of Medical Attention, Down at the Khyber, and La De Da

Most of this kind of stuff was never pressed outside of the really big names (Blue Rodeo, Tragically Hip, etc).

Cult-level stuff that was pressed usually is pretty rare and expensive to get a hold of (Sloan, Eric's Trip). Thrush Hermit LPs were never pressed but all or most of Joel's post-TH stuff is available on vinyl.

I think some Big Sugar is available

I'd love to see presses of Matthew Good's material, Big Wreck.

All you really need is Anvil - Metal on Metal, though.

Matt good has almost all of his solo stuff pressed

I've never seen the Weeping Tile LP but i know they made it (after the release of the album i think). I would LOVE to have a copy of it.

I keep passing on the Rheostatics Whale Music LP in my local because i always find something else to buy. It's priced at $27 i think. I'll pick it up one day.

I loved that Lowest of the Low album but can't bring myself to by the vinyl. I'm sure they mastered it properly but i don't know anyone who owns it and can verify that.

I have a couple Hayden albums on LP but most still on CD. The rereleases i have are Skyscraper (2013 clear of500) and The Closer I Get (2014 of500?)

Love that Sloan album but i have nothing on vinyl

If you don't have the first Limblifter album on vinyl yet do yourself a favour and pick it up. It's on White vinyl and is usually around $20. The mastering is amazing for that album. They took a lot of time to do it right (or so i;ve been told).

Another favourite of mine is Joel Plaskett (Thrush Hermit). Just picked his new album up on Thursday last week. It's good. Not his best. My favourites of his are In need of Medical Attention, Down at the Khyber, and La De Da

I picked up Weeping Tile off Discogs for under $15 last year I think. Lightweight blue vinyl.

I think I'll have to get that Limblifter record. Liked it a lot back in the day!

My Hayden LP collection is almost complete - just got Moving Careful 10" recently. I don't really collect 7"s so I only have one of his.

And yeah I love Joel Plaskett. The new album is fun, not his best but totally solid. Is it out on vinyl or just CD?

I really love the Lowest of the Low album, own it on CD but not vinyl yet. I always hated the production on it. It sounds like they ran bad acoustic guitar pickups into the soundboard directly. There's no substance to the sound on the album.

And yeah I love Joel Plaskett. The new album is fun, not his best but totally solid. Is it out on vinyl or just CD?

There are a few retailers that have it now, I'm in Kitchener and the good record store here had it last thursday, but most don't and don't have the ability to order it yet (acording to my Sunrise contact). Different distributors i guess.... It's like that new Great Lake Swimmers album. Sunrise has copies of it now, but i preordered from Maple Music (signed copy) and they say it's not out till mid-May.

Also, I would Kill for the weeping tile at $15.

I'll put together a list at some point. My applicable collection is substantial (including everything Thrush Hermit, Joel Plaskett and Sloan has put out on vinyl, following my recent acquisition of "Action Pact" from someone in Spain).

Apart from a bunch of 45s, the only Thrush Hermit vinyl that exists is a "Great Pacific Ocean" picture disc. I have an extra copy if someone maybe has a worthy trade or a decent offer.

I've found Eric's Trip/Elevator (to Hell)(Through) vinyl to be the most expensive, for whatever reason. Still a long ways away from completing that collection.

And I'm only a Stinkin' Rich 7" away from a complete Murderecords singles collection. It pops up every now and again for ~$100, which is dumb.

Apart from a bunch of 45s, the only Thrush Hermit vinyl that exists is a "Great Pacific Ocean" picture disc. I have an extra copy if someone maybe has a worthy trade or a decent offer.

that ep has my favourite Thrush Hermit song on it, Patriot. But, picture disc? how does it sound?

I've been tempted before to pick it up, but it seems it's too rich for my blood atm. I'd maybe pay $20, but someone just paid $60 on discogs....

90s was my favorite era for music, especially for Canadian stuff, though I don't own much on vinyl. Why the hell are the Hip's albums so damn expensive (like over $40)?

I'll eventually get some stuff from Sloan, but I really want them to just press A Sides Win, they're basically one of the greatest singles bands ever and you'd have almost everything you need with that comp.

I need to finish getting the albums from Shadowy Men, but most 90s albums weren't on vinyl as far as I know. I'd love to have select albums from Doughboys, Killjoys, Rusty, Headstones, MGB, Thrush Hermit, Gandharvas, Age of Electric, Limblifter, Junkhouse, Odds, Pure, cub, Big Sugar... shit, too many good bands from thT decade, and those are just the "big" ones.