90s Canadian Alternative/CanRock on Vinyl Thread

• 2 months later...

I would kill for a vinyl release of Our Lady Peace - Clumsy or Happiness is not a fish or Spiritual Machines. I grew up on OLP I'm so happy that I got to see them in concert they were amazing live it was like in 2002 In Ottawa. I also love Matthew Good Band vinyl releases would be spectacular I'm a fan of his solo work but there was just something about The Matthew Good Band's Albums that were special.

What's funny is as an American I always thought of Our Lady Peace as an indie band just because they never really had big exposure here aside from when Gravity came out.  I'm willing to bet that at least their first few albums were recorded on tape and not with digital equipment (though I could be wrong), making them ripe for a good quality vinyl release.  Would love to see a company like ORG or Mobile Fidelity tackle Clumsy or Naveed.

The only vinyl release we managed to get out of them was Curve, and honestly they really stopped making music worth listening to after Healthy in Paranoid Times.

I know. However, the price of a copy of Hayden's first LP...

Worth every penny though... Is still one of my favourite albums of all time. I bought Moving Careful recently too. Actually in the scheme of overpaying for records neither was too bad - €50 shipped for Everything and $45 CAD for Moving Careful.

I think all of Hayden's albums have been pressed though - I feel like it has always been important for Hayden to put his music on vinyl. But given that he's rereleases Skyscraper and Closer I get in the last couple of years, I wouldn't be that surprised if his first LP gets repressed. My understanding is that he owns the rights to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've found Eric's Trip/Elevator (to Hell)(Through) vinyl to be the most expensive, for whatever reason. Still a long ways away from completing that collection.

I Thought I'd leave this here, because some of you will be interested.

Just found Elevator's - A Taste of Complete Perspective on Vinyl. It is available at Teenage USA - $20 Cdn ppd to North America.

At first I wasn't sure if the website was still current but I decided to take a chance.  Shortly after paying, I got a confirmation email.

Phil, who emailed me back, confirmed that he has a bunch left, yellow or black vinyl.

I Thought I'd leave this here, because some of you will be interested.

Just found Elevator's - A Taste of Complete Perspective on Vinyl. It is available at Teenage USA - $20 Cdn ppd to North America.

At first I wasn't sure if the website was still current but I decided to take a chance. Shortly after paying, I got a confirmation email.

Phil, who emailed me back, confirmed that he has a bunch left, yellow or black vinyl.

Gracias. I'd be all over this, if it wasn't the only Elevator LP (other than that live one they made) I actually bought years ago when prices were reasonable. So it goes.

The yellowy green vinyl is a good choice:

2aj72m9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...