90s Canadian Alternative/CanRock on Vinyl Thread

8 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Rotate had a copy of Avalanche just now FYI.

Held off on buying anything today. RSD is around the corner and even 10% off is better than nothing. 

Do you remember how much? I wanted the white and figured it would be hard to find outside of the official shop. Looks like I may have grabbed the last one too as it is now sold out?

6 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Do you remember how much? I wanted the white and figured it would be hard to find outside of the official shop. Looks like I may have grabbed the last one too as it is now sold out?

Hmm it might have been 27.99? I didn't pay attention to the colour either. You might give them a ring. It was in the New Vinyl bin.

I'm a 15 minute walk from Rotate so I will pop over tomorrow, as I also have to sell some beauts to keep the collections tuned. If it was 28 I'd be shocked, but I still think they wouldn't get the limited white given I haven't found another distro with it.

Either way, I appreciate the head's up @armadillo01!

Edited by Canuckle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
11 hours ago, TheCowboyPoet said:

Sloan's Hit & Run EP from 2009 is (finally) available on vinyl. First 300 on yellow: https://shop.kt8merch.com/products/sloan-hit-and-run-vinyl-ep?fbclid=IwAR17hJIO09qpzk2rybOauXx71MmA37wHaJDUvkh5qUZUkMJRnzdBH6JVgtg

Ugh. Email blast went to my junk mail and I missed the yellow.

Anyone happen to grab an extra? I have a spare copy of that Christmas 7" from a couple years ago...

Edited by fondfarewell

On 11/21/2018 at 8:24 PM, fondfarewell said:

Ugh. Email blast went to my junk mail and I missed the yellow.

Anyone happen to grab an extra? I have a spare copy of that Christmas 7" from a couple years ago...

I grabbed an extra, but I'm looking for a copy of The Double Cross with the screen printed cover.

1 hour ago, mikeyfoo7 said:

Just saw preorder for Splendor Solis on Amazon.ca (Dec21st). This excites me and hopefully at least one of you! 

It does but the last thing they repressed, The Edges Of Twilight in 2015, was a pretty horrible pressing. I'll hope for better this time. 

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, fondfarewell said:

Thrush Hermit. Clayton Park. 

It’s finally happening.

Since I assume this will be Canada-only, if anyone is able to pick up an extra copy for me on RSD, I’d be very grateful. 

OH MY GOD. Finally.

I am definitely picking this up. If I'm allowed to get an extra, I could get one for you 

34 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Is Clayton Park limited in any way?

I’m wondering if I should jump on one of the copies that are popping up online or wait to see if it shows up at a more reasonable price later...

apparently its limited to 1000. we'll have some copies for RSD

9 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

Is Clayton Park limited in any way?

I’m wondering if I should jump on one of the copies that are popping up online or wait to see if it shows up at a more reasonable price later...

Not sure where they’re popping up online or for how much, but Taz is selling for $29.99 plus shipping (though admittedly Canada Post shipping is not very cheap—I paid $32 to ship 3 copies to the US). You can call them at 902-422-5976 or e-mail at [email protected]

1 hour ago, fondfarewell said:

Not sure where they’re popping up online or for how much, but Taz is selling for $29.99 plus shipping (though admittedly Canada Post shipping is not very cheap—I paid $32 to ship 3 copies to the US). You can call them at 902-422-5976 or e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks! That’s around the price I’ve seen but as you mention postage is what’s bringing the hurt. 

I was going to be up in Canada for a few days over the summer and didn’t know if copies might still be floating around but if it’s really limited to 1k I may just bite the bullet and mail-order one now.