90s Canadian Alternative/CanRock on Vinyl Thread

I've found Eric's Trip/Elevator (to Hell)(Through) vinyl to be the most expensive, for whatever reason. Still a long ways away from completing that collection.

I've noticed that too. Never really understood it...

90s was my favorite era for music, especially for Canadian stuff, though I don't own much on vinyl. 

I need to finish getting the albums from Shadowy Men, but most 90s albums weren't on vinyl as far as I know. I'd love to have select albums from Doughboys, Killjoys, Rusty, Headstones, MGB, Thrush Hermit, Gandharvas, Age of Electric, Limblifter, Junkhouse, Odds, Pure, cub, Big Sugar... shit, too many good bands from thT decade, and those are just the "big" ones.

Great list of bands. Haven't thought about some of them for a while....

My two favorites are Mystery Machine and Treble Charger. Probably not enough of a draw for releasing their stuff on vinyl.

I would pay too much money for nc17, self=title, or Maybe It's Me by treble charger on vinyl.  

If I didn't have to do any work regarding licensing, ordering or selling them, I would totally start a record label and release all this stuff. Limited to like 12 copies each or so, because that's about the extent of the interest unfortunately. 

Oh, and I forgot The Deadly Snakes! They started up in the late 90's.

I've been looking for a copy of the "Real Rock and Roll Tonight" 7" for years. One just sold on Discogs in February and I can't believe I missed it.

They've had these in the "new" bin at Rotate This within the past couple years. Worth a check if you're in Toronto. That's where I got mine maybe 5 years ago, but I've definitely seen them since. Wish I had seen this earlier and I would've looked for you when I was there today.

I need the SFTRI split with the Spaeshits to round out my collection. It's a tough find.

One of the best is 13 Engines - Perpetual Motion Machine. Would also love me the first 3 Odds albums or the first 2 Pure albums or the first 2 Skydiggers albums or any Gandharvas albums....and anyone know the band Starkicker, they had an awesome album called Beach Music. I am sure none of these have a chance of being pressed but I guess you never know!

I like this thread... I would love anything MGB, IME's Scenery and Fish. The Age of Electric Self Titled, the first two Big Wreck and Moist albums, the first 4 albums from The Tea Party, and The Tragically Hip's Day for Night, Phantom Power and Trouble at the Henhouse... Now how do we make this happen???

I have had a nostalgia filled evening on YouTube, inspired by this thread.

This album came out in 1999 so I'm gonna throw this one out too:

*edit*

This beast DOES exist on vinyl

You can still order it from the label in Spain. Got my copy last summer.

It was EUR26 shipped to the U.S. from this friendly guy: [email protected]

add this terrible sounding youtube video to the mix:

YES! Love Transistor Sound & Lighting Co. and wished they had released more music back in the day. 

For any I Mother Earth fans here, I spoke to Jag and Christian after a show here in Toronto back in January and they both said plans for vinyl releases of their catalogue are forthcoming, but they just need to work out some rights and licensing issues.

Still looking for a few Sloan records to complete my set if anyone has extras, see my sig for the ones I'm looking for!

I can't believe that the recent vinyl pressing of The Super Friendz "Mock Up, Scale Down" (limited to 500) is still available. This is one of the best 90s Canadian indie albums, hands down.

If you're so inclined, you can buy it here: https://www.kt8merch.com/store/pages/21411/___LIMITED_EDITION_The_Super_Friendz_-_Mock_Up%2C_Scale_Down_-_Double_LP.htm

another Canadian classic that is maybe my #1 vinyl want from the 90s is Spookey Ruben's Modes of Transportation Vol. 1. Never got pressed but was up as a tier reward on his indiegogo campaign to fund Modes vol. 3. I passed on it because it was $60+, but it looks like it's getting a general release next week! hopefully for a reasonable price.

https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10648997_627984317335303_7828650020940660997_o.jpg

*cant post images via mobile

I've always held out hope for Crank from the Barstool Prophets.  And definitely would like the first two records from each Tea Party, I Mother Earth and Matt Good.  

But yeah, I've heard the Sloan reissue rumors for over two years now and still nothing.

It's a shame cause most of these artists were coming out when vinyl was so difficult to sell, they just wouldn't press smaller Canadian acts.