DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

OP. I know you're excited like me. But look at the typos in the thread title man.

Ok, now I am pumped for this album. I know someone will bring up Eros so that's why I am. It's nice to know that there is another killer Deftones album on the shelves in some studio just waiting to be released when the time is right.

OP. I know you're excited like me. But look at the typos in the thread title man.

Ok, now I am pumped for this album. I know someone will bring up Eros so that's why I am. It's nice to know that there is another killer Deftones album on the shelves in some studio just waiting to be released when the time is right.

My head hurts lol. Fixed it.

But yea if the rest of Eros is anything like the song "Smile" off of it they released last year or those old demos of the song Dallas, then I hope it's really soon. I can see them waiting to release that as their "last". Chino is obviously still reluctant to really talk about it because of Chi.

why? there were tons of other more affordable ways to get the record if you didn't want to go through the band. not seeing that being an issue.

Just seemed pretty cash-grabby.  But it's something I've come to expect with Deftones – every single pierce of merch they've ever sold is overpriced significantly.  I've never understood it.

I know the Hot Topic variant was way cheaper for KNY, but it didn't seem to stick around for too terribly long.

Excited for this... kinda. I'm glad to hear that they have been challenging themselves with the song structures because a few tracks on Eros really needed some kind of shake up to make them more listenable or at least have a better replay value. I do love "Rosemary" and "Tempest" though and if this new album comes off more like those tracks, I'll be pretty satisfied.