DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

Hype list refers to albums you're hyped for, for 2015. #1 on the top of that list would imply that there is nothing else you're more excited to hear, this year.

On the other side of the coin; (in my opinion) deciding that an album is "#1" for the year - as in, the best release of the year - without hearing it first, is a little absurd. Hence my comment of ridiculousness.

I don't think it's ridiculous or unfair for you to be excited for a new Deftones record. No one was arguing that. I just have no idea what you mean when you say the new record is your "#1" in 2015.

LOL.

And to eradicate any room for speculation: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lol

http://www.theprp.com/2015/05/10/featured/pro-shot-footage-of-deftones-rock-in-rio-usa-set-posted-rise-against-singer-guests-on-passenger/

In case anyone is interested here's their wole set filmed by Yahoo last night. Rise Against's singer does Passenger with them

Yikes. All of that set was horrible. Also, Fat Chino.

I literally was just about to post this here. This being my favorite album of theirs I decided to purchase this one. Definitly love how they did this one in comparison to diamond eyes. They really dropped the ball with that one.

S/t is your favorite? Interesting, never heard that before. 

I agree. I was anticipating all of the prints to be similar in style. Glad to see that they're not. If I had the money I'd definitely grab this. But after grabbing the latest Esao Andrews, my print money is a bit tapped out :P

Well around the fur and white pony was what got me into them when I was younger and both are incredible albums but something about the s/t album hooked me in and hasn't left since. I'll never forget the first time I heard hexagram and anniversary of an uninteresting event. Deathblow and Minerva are my next favorites off the album. Just the feel to this album is so perfect. Then again, it is hard to pick favorites with this band. I can't wait to see what they come out with for SNW and white pony.

Well around the fur and white pony was what got me into them when I was younger and both are incredible albums but something about the s/t album hooked me in and hasn't left since. I'll never forget the first time I heard hexagram and university of an uninteresting event. Deathblow and Minerva are my next favorites off the album. Just the feel to this album is so perfect. Then again, it is hard to pick favorites with this band. I can't wait to see what they come out with for SNW and white pony.

I feel the same way. Picking a favorite it really hard. I had Minerva and Change on my iPod for the longest time, and like two years ago I picked up Koi No Yokan. It's gotta be my favorite of theirs. White Pony, SNW, and Diamond Eyes are all pretty much tied for me. I still have yet to give Adrenaline and Around the Fur full, proper listens though.

I like it, but the massive "Self Titled" spoils it for me. If it just said "Deftones" it would be far better. Though maybe that's just me being picky....

Will hold out for White Pony!

Was thinking the exact same thing. Thought Self Titled looked kinda weird in huge letters like that.