DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

I actually was going to buy this one when I got to work this morning, but I was pretty busy and didn't remember until after the sale expired. Oh well. I'd agree that the font could be a lot more creative. Hopefully the White Pony one is cool. I'm pretty sure I will be buying that one.

its cool how different people connect to different albums, but that's a good thing.  To me self-titled is one big love story full of pain and hatred and love all tossed together.  It's a darker album in darker parts of their lives and its rough, harsh and hard.  I love it so much.  Has so much emotion and the harsh screams even at the end of the songs that seem to get even better but we barely get to hear them as the songs fade out.  The cover to the album is the best matched cover I've ever seen, it has the death skull in the front then the colorful love roses in the back, genius!

I can't even describe how important self-titled is to my personal musical cannon. There is just something about it that is difficult to put into words. The production and mixing of that album are just impeccable. Every guitar note and chord are just so huge in the heavy songs and the soft songs are enormous too. Its just this huge encompassing wash of throughout the whole LP. I can't believe how many fans dog it. There's a lot of nostalgia involved in my love for this album but really the most prominent aspect of it is the music. I vividly remember all the hype leading up to the album and the 2 minute edit of "Hexagram" that was released in the EPK which I played to death during April 2003 before the release. I also played the hell out of the little preview snippets that someone from the deftonesworld message board came across of "When Girls Telephone Boys" (which made me anticipate that song the most), "Needles & Pins" (which then was titled "White Women") and one or two other ones. Such a great time.

I can't even describe how important self-titled is to my personal musical cannon. There is just something about it that is difficult to put into words. The production and mixing of that album are just impeccable. Every guitar note and chord are just so huge in the heavy songs and the soft songs are enormous too. Its just this huge encompassing wash of throughout the whole LP. I can't believe how many fans dog it. There's a lot of nostalgia involved in my love for this album but really the most prominent aspect of it is the music. I vividly remember all the hype leading up to the album and the 2 minute edit of "Hexagram" that was released in the EPK which I played to death during April 2003 before the release. I also played the hell out of the little preview snippets that someone from the deftonesworld message board came across of "When Girls Telephone Boys" (which made me anticipate that song the most), "Needles & Pins" (which then was titled "White Women") and one or two other ones. Such a great time.

Couldn't have said it better. At the time this came out I remember I had boughten my first 7 string guitar because of wanting to learn hexagram after seeing Steph play it on the bonus content is the cd. This album really hits home in a production and nostalgic sense. Anniversary and deathblow are still probably some of my favorite tracks they've ever written.

Are you sure these are deftones clips? Not questioning you I just haven't seen any info anywhere else. Maybe that is the cover art they keep showing as well?

Its Chuck; so I couldnt imagine it being anything else. Its not palms or crosses stuff. Doubt that is the cover art; looks like just a decorative wall wherever he is posting from.

• 4 weeks later...