DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

Still iffy on the title, but the trailer has me doing somersaults. Cannot wait.

Honestly, the only Deftones album title that I really love is Koi No Yokan.

I mean, to each their own/all art is subjective/yadda yadda yadda but the idea that someone could love Koi No Yokan, and be iffy about White Pony is just wild to me.

As for myself, I'm pretty much in the "All Deftones Albums > 99% Of All Not-Deftones Albums" camp, so I'm eagerly looking forward to this.

Apparently if you Shazam the teaser it comes out as the song "Prayers/Triangles"

Edit:

Shazam: https://www.shazam.com/track/309678566/prayerstriangles#referrer=shz.am

Art accompanied by the song:

t309678566_s400.jpg

Honestly, I hope that is not the album cover.  But with the string of limited edition posters, who knows anymore.

I only "liked" KNY. It just never clicked fully with me. Especially after Diamond Eyes which still floors me to this day. And I wasn't a fan of the KNY art.

I would be ok with the single bird look as an album cover (ala Diamond Eyes or even the single Pony), but the whole flock is an eye sore, especially wih the Gore font.

If that flock of flamingos is in fact the actual album art, I'd say it's an odd choice sitting with the rest of the discography, but it's not terrible. Contextually I kind of like it, though.  Not to get all Gumbo on you guys, but I admire the disarray and contrast it's got going on.  There's so much to take in that it's kind of overwhelming and difficult to look away – not unlike a particularly grizzly scene in a horror movie.  It's just chaotic, messy, and red (pink) galore.  Definitely a cover that'd beckon a bit of rubbernecking alongside your average album art, but maybe I'm just imagining that.  It could definitely be worse.

Now.  Whenever that pre-order drops, I'll be interested to see the cost + shipping that their website charges.  I'm almost tempted to hold out for a Hot Topic press to match the rest of the collection.

If that flock of flamingos is in fact the actual album art, I'd say it's an odd choice sitting with the rest of the discography, but it's not terrible. Contextually I kind of like it, though.  Not to get all Gumbo on you guys, but I admire the disarray and contrast it's got going on.  There's so much to take in that it's kind of overwhelming and difficult to look away – not unlike a particularly grizzly scene in a horror movie.  It's just chaotic, messy, and red (pink) galore.  Definitely a cover that'd beckon a bit of rubbernecking alongside your average album art, but maybe I'm just imagining that.  It could definitely be worse.

Now.  Whenever that pre-order drops, I'll be interested to see the cost + shipping that their website charges.  I'm almost tempted to hold out for a Hot Topic press to match the rest of the collection.

I agree with you but I also think that those flamingos look like the CGI from Birdemic.

I'm pretty sure the /1,000 180 gram black version of KNY was $40 shipped.  That was a few years ago though, so hobby prices vary nowadays. 

Oh, and did they take the teaser video down from the .com site already?

I agree with you but I also think that those flamingos look like the CGI from Birdemic.

I'm pretty sure the /1,000 180 gram black version of KNY was $40 shipped.  That was a few years ago though, so hobby prices vary nowadays. 

Oh, and did they take the teaser video down from the .com site already?

Even better.  Thank you for that.

And you're right – the 180 gram, numbered copies of KNY were $40 or more from their site, last time.  I only recall that vividly because I was a little perplexed by that price.  Especially for a single LP.  I know it's Deftones and they'd have no problem selling a single LP at $50 PPD - and good for them - but if they go that route again, I'll probably just hold out for whatever Hot Topic releases online.

If they took that teaser down, I imagine we're getting close.

Even better.  Thank you for that.

And you're right – the 180 gram, numbered copies of KNY were $40 or more from their site, last time.  I only recall that vividly because I was a little perplexed by that price.  Especially for a single LP.  I know it's Deftones and they'd have no problem selling a single LP at $50 PPD - and good for them - but if they go that route again, I'll probably just hold out for whatever Hot Topic releases online.

If they took that teaser down, I imagine we're getting close.

It was pricey, but they still sold out in under 2 hours.  I think if they put up a preorder tomorrow, it won't take an hour to sell out.  I'm hoping for a sub $40 variant from them, but I'm not holding my breath.