DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

That makes no sense.

While uncommon, sometimes you'll see a 'deluxe' 2xLP release and then a standard single LP release.  A lot of the time, Season of Mist will do a 2xLP at 45RPM and the standard at 33.  Mastodon has done this plenty of times as well.  It's not unheard of, just doesn't happen very often.

It didn't sound right to me either, but it was the way it was originally worded/marketed.

I'm not sure if the HT exclusives of SNW were released at the same time of the original pressing or not, but wasn't their pressing a single LP and the standard retail 2xLP?

The original press was 2XLP from 2006 and I'm pretty sure it was a wide retail release not exclusive to HT though my copy was purchased on clearance from a HT. It wasn't until it was reissued in 2012 that it was smashed down to a single LP. When that happened there was a HT exclusive color or transparent mint green and the standard retail was black.

The original press was 2XLP from 2006 and I'm pretty sure it was a wide retail release not exclusive to HT though my copy was purchased on clearance from a HT. It wasn't until it was reissued in 2012 that it was smashed down to a single LP. When that happened there was a HT exclusive color or transparent mint green and the standard retail was black.

I've had both the single and double LP copies, and the 2XLP sounds so much better. Very happy to see that Gore will be a 2XLP, as well.

I've had both the single and double LP copies, and the 2XLP sounds so much better. Very happy to see that Gore will be a 2XLP, as well.

I had the original and never thought it sounded great. The reissue sounded as good if not slightly better to me, maybe just a smoother EQ, so I sold the original. Don't regret it.

Pretty interesting. I figured they were making a somewhat comfortable living:

http://www.theprp.com/2016/02/08/news/deftones-chino-moreno-if-we-dont-tour-were-not-gonna-be-able-to-pay-our-bills/

Chino has like 8 kids, Steph has been divorced a multiple times with high alimony payments. these guys don't got much .I never feel bad about giving this this band money cuz it's not for a new Maybach or island beach house. However this does not mean I will shell out $250 for a lame letterman jacket, $80 for a flannel, or whatever they were asking for those horrible litho prints.

Pretty interesting. I figured they were making a somewhat comfortable living:

http://www.theprp.com/2016/02/08/news/deftones-chino-moreno-if-we-dont-tour-were-not-gonna-be-able-to-pay-our-bills/

I remember reading about when Isaac Brock sold the rights of a Modest Mouse song for a mini van commercial.  Some people were giving him shit for it.  His response was basically, 'screw you I have bills to pay'.   Can't say I blame him.  After everyone takes their cut, I'm sure some of these artists don't make a whole ton of cash. 

I remember reading about when Isaac Brock sold the rights of a Modest Mouse song for a mini van commercial.  Some people were giving him shit for it.  His response was basically, 'screw you I have bills to pay'.   Can't say I blame him.  After everyone takes their cut, I'm sure some of these artists don't make a whole ton of cash. 

You don't remember which song it was, do you?  I could've sworn I heard Float On in a car commercial, back in the day, but I've also read that Gravity Rides Everything was used, too.  Which would make sense, 'cause.  You know.  Rides.  (Though lyrically it's a pretty questionable choice.)

You don't remember which song it was, do you?  I could've sworn I heard Float On in a car commercial, back in the day, but I've also read that Gravity Rides Everything was used, too.  Which would make sense, 'cause.  You know.  Rides.  (Though lyrically it's a pretty questionable choice.)

Pretty sure it was float on.

Edit:  It was Gravity Rides Everything for a Nissan Quest commercial back in 2003.  I know I've seen it before, but can't find a clip