DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

Or if he did, it was intentionally left out of that article for dramatic effect.

Right.

I'm definitely not saying this interview is a barnburner of a story and everybody better get their Deftones fix while they can. I really think it was just a bad day for the guitarist or a bad interview in general.

But really, who cares as long as the music is good.

I'm with rooks on this one, if his words were taken out of context there would be a pretty swift backlash from the band to correct it.

It definitely was presented in a whiny fashion, he clearly is feeling slighted to some degree.  But that doesn't necessarily mean anything, connotations or not.

Maybe he'll walk some day, but it doesn't sound like that day is tomorrow.

I think Stephen Carpenter might be a little bummed from the departure they took from Diamond Eyes, because he loves the "djent" metal sounds and I know he jammed is 8 string guitar on that entire album. It had some pretty tough sounding breaks and I bet he enjoyed that energy. Than Koi No Yokan went the opposite direction. Maybe this album follows that style, from what we have heard thus far it does, and he is unhappy. Makes sense but I love how versatile they all are and how they adapt to one another from album to album. But I love it all from Adrenaline to Koi No Yokan, give me alllllllll da Deftones!!!

But do agree he could have came at it in a different fashion, esp since the album hasn't released yet..

Guest Secular Haze

The sound is essentially adding an octave to a 3 note power chord. The best example is at the end of Meshuggah's 'Neurotica' or any song from 'Chaosphere' for that matter.