DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

Do people legitimately record themselves vaping and listening to music at a loud volume, or is this a new meme?  I was waiting for the dude's mom to swing the door open and demand that he turn it down.

Right? Hilarious shit, and tagging Bladie made me laugh so hard. Blade. Stop vaping. (<3)

After 7-8 listens I think it's a really solid record. It's at least an 8/10 and I might even collectively like it better than KNY. Plenty of guitar work here - it's just not chock full of stephs meshuggah riffs which I'm totally fine with. It really wasn't even something they had until the last 2 records and I think it'd be kind of boring if thats all that was here. More prominent bass playing and pretty much all the choruses are great. There's a few parts I don't care for (that thrashy riff in doomed user feels outta place with the rest of the song, the intro/verse riff on xenon feels a little too simple). It's moodier and a little different but to me it's very much a deftones record.

I ended up keeping my Amazon UK preorder as it was about $23ppd which was pretty good. Curious to see if it is the same as the US white pressing. Hoping it was pressed in Europe after hearing the less than stellar comments on the US white pressing. We shall see.

I'd be surprised if it was different since it was pressed in the Netherlands. But, do let us know if it is.

The 180gr sounds spot on. No issues. 

The album however, is somewhat average. Similiar to many, for me Phantom Bride is really the only one that has stuck out the most.

I kind of wish I had gone for the black but I cheaped out. My white copy is OK overall but there is obvious distortion in the first chorus of Prayers/Triangles and keeps popping up throughout the album, though not bad enough to ruin it. I ran it through my RCM but it seems to be permanent.

Like every record they've done since White Pony, there are a handful of tracks I think are just OK. On this one it's pretty much the whole C side. I don't hate it but that's where it would have been more interesting to throw in something weird, maybe something slower and trippier. My favorite moment on KNY is Rosemary, I just love the slow, grinding pace of that song, would have loved to see them build on that idea. I also think the production is a missed opportunity to do something more unique. That being said, I think there are a ton of great ideas on this record. I love Acid Hologram. And yeah, Phantom Bride is amazing.

I haven't seen anyone say the title track is their favorite, but I think that's my opinion so far.

Was just going to say, I can't believe there isn't more love for this one.  Isn't this the song Chino said was his least favorite?  That song will slay live.  Hope to God they mix it in.  

I think my favorite parts of Phantom Bride are Chino's falsetto and that damn fine bass line going on.  Solo is sweet, but those other two things make the song for me.

Geometric Headdress is so damn good, too.  My God.  These first 5 songs flow together incredibly.