DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

Ive been spinning this since last night. My black sounds atrocious and is flimsy. Im pretty salty about the price I paid. Gonna try and give it a clean and try again.The parental advisory label also pisses me off every time I look at the album art.

I like the album but now im more curious about the tracks they cut off of it. 

I also dont think I would be apposed to an entire Deftones record with more of the interludes and instrumental sections on this album. The one for LMIRL and Hearts are SO good. 

Just a quick update after three more listens today. I love this album. There it is, I said it. It's early, I know, it had no time at all to truly sink in, but there is so much good stuff happening, these amazing choruses, the incredibly heavy guitars, Chino being all seductive and sexy and brutal and unrelenting as always, with so much else to explore, that I can see myself returning to it again and again for years to come.

I remember feeling very similarly about KNY. I fell for it instantaneously, without getting the feeling of ever having fully discovered everything it has to offer, which is true to this day. I just listened to it an hour ago and am still genuinely surprised at just how great it is. Their best album, I guess.

Picked my copy up from Bullmoose tonight, spinning side B as I type. This record is good. I'm glad I waited to hear anything other than P/T until I could listen to the actual vinyl.

My white copy sounds just fine, too, so I guess I'm lucky? I dunno...this is exactly what I expected it to be: a new Deftones record. I'm happy with it.

I'm laughing really really hard at this

Nothing against the kid, but he's always saying shit like "I used to like that album, let me revisit it to see if it held up". That shit hasn't even resonated with you yet dude, let alone aged badly.

Edit: Also, I'm pleased to have given the Dark Lord a laugh.

So I'll be the guy that says the cover and insert art could have been really cool if the pictures didn't look like low res stills from a VHS tape.

And yeah, that parental advisory warning.

Otherwise, I'd say I really like the music and my pressing is great. No problems as some others have reported. It's definitely a progression in a more experimental way from NKY. So far I like it.

Nothing against the kid, but he's always saying shit like "I used to like that album, let me revisit it to see if it held up". That shit hasn't even resonated with you yet dude, let alone aged badly.

If I truly used to like an album and no longer do, I don't see why I'm not entitled to that. It's also entirely possible that I liked a record when I was like 5 or something (since my parents played music for me) and I had over ten years for it to resonate, but that's beside the point.

You gotta be 17 to buy M rated games and R rated movies, so I assume it's the same with a CD at a major retailer if it has a PA sticker. I used to get turned down at Sam Goody all the damn time, but I guess it could be different these days.

I doubt it works that way with music since I buy stuff at my local shop all the time, but maybe they just don't care.

Edit: Also, I'm pleased to have given the Dark Lord a laugh.

I've said this shit so much. These kids are babies thinking they have superior tastes and know everything "good"