DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

Look at the top right date. Is this Eros being mixed? Chi's accident was in 2008 which coincides with Eros.

I first thought the same thing...except Morrissey's solo career didn't begin until like 1988 and The Smiths didn't start until 1982.

Yea basically this. Chi did say the new album was influenced by Morrissey.

Edit: http://www.megawattrecording.com/history/

This says Megawatt was founded in 79'. So the 1980 date could just be the system. 

Look at the top right date. Is this Eros being mixed? Chi's accident was in 2008 which coincides with Eros.

I thought this was a date at first too, but I think it's actually a running time. 1 hour, 3 minutes, 19.08 seconds. Perhaps just a screenshot of the system info detailing the album recording?

I thought this was a date at first too, but I think it's actually a running time. 1 hour, 3 minutes, 19.08 seconds. Perhaps just a screenshot of the system info detailing the album recording?

Could be. That makes more sense. The new album has 16 tracks. Im thinking this is a sign that its done being mixed with some kind of Morriessy collab.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Deftones/Incubus show in Cincinnati this past Saturday. Chino wore a Morrissey t-shirt. I was also digging the big Eazy-E sticker on his guitar. Great show, was praying to hear at least 1 new song, but didn't happen. Can't wait for the new album.

Going to the stop in Atlanta. Cannot wait. Will be my fourth time seeing the tones but first for Incubus.

Going to the stop in Atlanta. Cannot wait. Will be my fourth time seeing the tones but first for Incubus.

Incubus put on a great show too.  I haven't been able to absorb anything past Light Grenades so there was a few songs I wasn't familiar with but even those were on point.  The highlight for me, of course, being an Incubus fan from way back, was the one and only song they did from S.C.I.E.N.C.E. which was Vitamin.  The instrumental in the middle of the song was incredible.

Incubus put on a great show too.  I haven't been able to absorb anything past Light Grenades so there was a few songs I wasn't familiar with but even those were on point.  The highlight for me, of course, being an Incubus fan from way back, was the one and only song they did from S.C.I.E.N.C.E. which was Vitamin.  The instrumental in the middle of the song was incredible.

Saw incubus years ago on the civic tour, they were definitely a great performing band. I can't wait to see the tones again soon, but really pumped for this album. 

Saw incubus years ago on the civic tour, they were definitely a great performing band. I can't wait to see the tones again soon, but really pumped for this album. 

For me, Deftones is one of the only bands that I just KNOW will put out another good-from-start-to-finish album every time.  Their sound is just so cohesive to me.  It never gets old or boring for me.  There isn't a Deftones song that I don't like.  And honestly, I don't think I can say that about any other band.

-Deftones and Incubus Summer Tour 2015, Riverbend-

Deftones setlist:

Needles and Pins
Bloody Cape
Minerva
Rocket Skates
Diamond Eyes
You've Seen the Butcher
Sextape
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Tempest
Swerve City
When Girls Telephone Boys
Beware
Digital Bath
Change (In the House of Flies)
Headup
Engine No. 9

Incubus setlist (to the best of my abilities because admittedly i'm not familiar with a lot of the newer stuff...):

Wish You Were Here
Anna Molly
Out of Mind (?)
? (no idea)
Are You In? (awesome...)
Vitamin
Trust Fall
(Groovy Jam. Must try to find this song.) - I did actually find this one, it was In the Company of Wolves
A Kiss to Send Us Off
Nice to Know You
Here in My Room
Sick Sad Little World
Pardon Me
Make Out
Megalomaniac
Encore:
Dig
Drive
A Crow Left of the Murder
I Want You (She's So Heavy) Beatles cover

Miscellaneous notes and observations:
Chino wore a Morrissey t-shirt, Brandon was without a shirt 90% of the Incubus set, many extremely hot girls wearing very little clothing as well as not-so-hot girls also not wearing many clothes, beers at entertainment venues are way too expensive, 2 of 3 people are assholes, i'm not as young as i once was, my feet and back are killing me.

Those were my notes I wrote down.  Yeah, I'm lame.  But I know my memory will fail me one day and I want to be able to have something to remember the shows I see.

Saw Deftones last night (just them, no Incubus) & it was a top 10 show all time. He hit the extreme high note wails in Knife Prty. Unreal.

So jealous you got Knife Prty at your show.  Bet that was awesome.  :)

Yeah it was. I've seen Knife Prty live before but never like last night's performance. Here was our full set...

My Own Summer (Shove It)

Lhabia

When Girls Telephone Boys

Minerva

Needles and Pins

Bloody Cape

Diamond Eyes

Sextape

Rocket Skates

You've Seen the Butcher

Tempest

Swerve City