PO: Titus Andronicus - The Most Lamentable Tragedy 3LP

Damn I need to hurry up and order this. How's the packaging?

The packaging is incredible. This has to be one of the nicest records I own in terms of packaging. A really sturdy double gatefold with a ton of detail and handwritten lyrics. There's a large poster included as well as instructions on how to play the record - because it's pretty unconventional. I'm really happy the packaging is as ambitious as the music.

So, I just got my Merge preorder in the mail- did anyone else get the autographed 7"? I don't remember reading that- but came with a split Titus andronicus/spider bags 7" signed by all the dudes from TA (6 signatures)

I think it was actually a contest. I remember reading if you pre-order before a certain date you would be entered to win that 7". I guess you were the winner. Congrats.

I'm sure you manage to watch a film or sports game with interruptions from the kids. This is no different.

I don't think that listening to a Titus Andronicus album is the same as watching a film or a sports game, no, especially an album as full of references and whatnot as this one.

I figured that you might be able to split this up considering that it is done in acts I-V.

I'm really excited for this but damn, I know I'll freak out about having to remove the platter from my pro-ject TWO times, because the second disc is fucking 45rpm. I'll most likely sit through the LP one time, max..

Maybe it's time for a speed box..

I'm really excited for this but damn, I know I'll freak out about having to remove the platter from my pro-ject TWO times, because the second disc is fucking 45rpm. I'll most likely sit through the LP one time, max..

Maybe it's time for a speed box..

Love the speed box- check musicdirect.com, that's where I bought mine as an open box item, they usually have a couple <$100.

anyone else catch that the album doesn't play side-a through f?  after sides a and b, the following acts jump around different sides of different discs that are (you might have guessed) pressed at different speeds.  as much as i like the musical content of this record, i think the band jumped the shark.

Did anybody else do the (very) early preorder from the band's website? I opted for the Super VIP since they are one of my favorite bands, but I haven't heard anything about my order in a long time.

Looks like they just sent these out.  What did the Super VIP include?

https://instagram.com/p/53Cfggtr57/?taken-by=titus_ndronicus

• 3 weeks later...

This is a pretty fucking phenomenal album in my opinion. I've had a lot of time between work, flights, and home to soak this in. Right now my favorite release from this year, and quickly becoming one of my favorites from them.

I've never been able to breeze through a 90+ minute album with such ease before. Love this.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone who bought this from them also follow them on social media nonsense?

I bought this back in August, and have just assumed it wouldn't be sent out until after they finished their tour tonight. Just curious if anyone has heard anything from them to support this, or if I just need to forget about it until it arrives.

Does anyone who bought this from them also follow them on social media nonsense?

I bought this back in August, and have just assumed it wouldn't be sent out until after they finished their tour tonight. Just curious if anyone has heard anything from them to support this, or if I just need to forget about it until it arrives.

I'm just forgetting until it comes.