[PO NOW] DREDG - Catch Without Arms

Yeah mine plays fine as well, and its a light grey--someone on Instagram told me it was the 'darker grey marble' ones that had the defect, not the light grey ones. I never knew there were 2 diff shades of grey Pariah vinyl.

My copy is also light grey. I had no idea there were two different greys and a black. I'm pretty sure I ordered mine directly from the Dredg site, but it's been quite awhile. 

I got my limited green copy today. I must admit almost immediately I noticed a significant difference in mastering versus the CD I own. I'm relatively confident this record would've benefitted tremendously from a 2xLP release or even a mult-LP 45rpm release especially. It's not often I'd say that about an album but I feel this is one that truly deserves that kind of treatment. The tracks themselves don't sound compressed but I think that might have helped them breathe a bit and open up more. It definitely doesn't sound bad but the emphasis definitely seems to be on the highs and the mid and low frequencies seem to suffer a bit. I saw one other guy comment on the Discogs release page how he had to use an equalizer to get what he considered better sound from the pressing and I might agree with that observation. I know my stereo is not the weak point in the equation at all so it's definitely the pressing itself.

That said I'm absolutely not disappointed after years of waiting for this to come to vinyl and even contacting the band numerous times over those years praying they'd release it so it's fantastic to finally own this damn record (lol) and the packaging is definitely top quality. Maybe later they'll release a repressing in a different manner but if not I'm definitely happy overall with how this turned out. It feels fantastic to finally check this one off the "wish list".

Yeah i agree, they should've done it on a 2 LP, i mean i'm so happy that this got even pressed on vinyl so...yeah

If every side held one 'perspective' it would've made sense but that isn't even the case here.

But like i said, i'm happy this got released at all... one thing that really annoys me though is that the center hole is too tight, it takes like a minute each to get the record off the player...

edit: okay, i just fixed the center-hole-problem haha

Shipping Status: Your item cleared customs in ITALY at 11:03 am on April 4, 2016

:(  :(  :(  this would be like the 4-5 time in a row I have to pay customs fees.

Eh you know il postino needs to get his beak wet too....

Torino used to make the best cars... the best cars.   (Lancia fan here)

• 7 months later...

Hell yes, snagged one, too. It's great that they're finally selling these! A year ago they posted a pic of the black vinyl on fb  and everyone wondered about it haha 

The webstore now says that they are sold out but i think they will be available again soon. The lime green vinyl needed a few months to sell completely, still can't wrap my head around why