[PO NOW] DREDG - Catch Without Arms

:P

Ya know, even if I bought 10 with the intention of flipping 9, I wouldn't be able to sell any once they arrived. This has been one of my all-time favorite albums since it was released. I will surely wear out a copy within a month. 

Maybe this will be a numbered edition that actually gets numbered this time. Although I kind of like seeing that blank out of 500 box on my copy of Leitmotif. 

• 1 month later...

This is the only Dredg record I like. Does that make me a bad person?

Yes. Die now. :P

I would say this record was the beginning of their fall. They're not a bad band by any means and watching them play live is amazing because they have so much spirit and love for their music but the first two albums are really where they shine and this one was very good but the lackluster followups to this album make it apparent more that this album began where they went "wrong" for lack of a better term. I don't know. I just can't really get into Pariah and I can barely even begin listening to Chuckles.

CWA has some of the greatest songs they'd ever written but the way they sort of colored the production made it seem like they were trying to polish it up to be radio-friendly. That could be mostly on the producer or label but when I heard most of the great songs from this album live in the years leading up to its release I was absolutely blown away only to be somewhat let down by how much over-production went on the studio versions.

I hate to say anything negative about them because they really are responsible for some amazing music and always kill it live but that's just how I feel about their later albums. I definitely don't want them to just repeat themselves with every album but I'm not to keen on a lot of the decisions they made with the last two.

• 2 weeks later...