Archers of Loaf, "Curse of the Loaf" (Double LP); PO in June

From http://archersofloaf.fanbridge.com/campaigns/show.php?id=1174235:

After a 12 year hiatus, the Archers of Loaf reformed in 2011 to play some old songs for fans old and new, and to show off the chemistry and energy that exists to this day between these four friends who met back in 1990 in the small town of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Brian Paulson, the band's dear friend and producer / engineer of "All the Nations Airports" and "White Trash Heroes," was on hand to capture the moment for two nights of performances at the infamous Cat's Cradle.  Documentarian, writer, and director Gorman Bechard and his crew captured this energy along with some choice interviews with the band members in his concert documentary entitled "What Did You Expect?"

Now, four years later, the Archers are making a limited edition vinyl pressing of that weekend entitled "Curse of the Loaf" available direct to their fans in mid-July through Port Merchandise.  The double vinyl gatefold package consists of 180 gram black vinyl, a copy of the "What Did You Expect?" DVD, and a replica of the original concert poster designed by artist Paul Friedrich. Each of the 2500 packages is hand-numbered in gold foil for authenticity. A presale of the double LP will be made available during the first week of June.

Tracklisting:  

Side One - Audiowhore / Harnessed in Slums / Dead Red Eyes / Worst Defense  / Attack of the Killer Bees / 1985 / Fabricoh

Side Two - Greatest of All Time / Lowest Part is Free / Freezing Point /What Did You Expect? / You and Me / Might

Side Three - Bacteria / Web in Front / Nostalgia / Slow Worm /Step Into the Light

Side Four - Wrong / Plumbline / Revenge /Scenic Pastures /Form and File / All Hail the Black Market

I got all excited for a new album

Same, here, just about had a damn heart attack. Loaf is probably my favourite band of all time and I hate it that I never got to see them live, a new album would have been amazing. I'll keep my eye on this though and probably get it to be a completionist. I see they're doing few shows, it would make my life if they came to Vancouver or at least Seattle so I could make my way down there, but I don't see that happening.

• 2 months later...

FYI, the preorder went live today. $35 for a 180g double LP + DVD, $50 if you want a t-shirt with it. not great but not the worst I've seen/ordered. I do find it a bit annoying that   while they'll give you the download of the album right away (which is nice), it's in MP3, you can only get FLAC separately off of bandcamp. I wish bands would cut that out and just make FLAC an option for their downloads that are included with LPs...

http://archersofloaf.portmerch.com/stores/product.php?productid=19630

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...