PO: Sorority Noise - Joy, Departed

On 1/11/2017 at 9:19 AM, Shitty Rambo said:

Joy Departed could've been compressed into a kick ass EP. I felt like it was mostly filler and they focused too much on making it sound "bigger" than their last album, which is unfortunate because this band really shines when they're loud, fast, and full of hooks. The follow up EP was a drag. Some artists/bands just don't do the acoustic thing well, and when they do it feels forced (I.E. Off With Their Heads, Ray Rocket).

Thanks for reminding me we had 2 Off With Their Heads records at work, took home both for around $15 (Home and a blue copy of From The Bottom), been meaning to pick them up. I really connected with Joy, Departed especially lyrically I was going through a tough time and it really helped me through it so I'll always love it, but I was let down by the last 7" and their song on the TWIABP split so I don't have high hopes for this one. I'll still give it a listen but no preorder for me

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, N8TRU said:

https://www.topshelfrecords.com/products/550956-sorority-noise-joy-departed

5th press: Light Blue/Yellow Galaxy /1000

Pre-order scheduled to ship June 19th, 2020

When I saw this thread, I assumed someone had called out Cameron for saying something racist years ago. That seems like the cool thing right now.

6 minutes ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

When I saw this thread, I assumed someone had called out Cameron for saying something racist years ago. That seems like the cool thing right now.

Cool thing to do right NOW?? What, like those people are victims for showing their real selves and saying stupid shit? Makes it seems like your against calling out dipshits for being dipshits.

By the way, did Cam ever do this? Not sure why you even brought this up. Did someone call out one of your hero’s for being a secret racist piece of shit?

22 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Cool thing to do right NOW?? What, like those people are victims for showing their real selves and saying stupid shit? Makes it seems like your against calling out dipshits for being dipshits.

By the way, did Cam ever do this? Not sure why you even brought this up. Did someone call out one of your hero’s for being a secret racist piece of shit?

You're my hero. Very stunning and brave.

15 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

it's a good one, only SN record I kept still have my 1st pressing beer/blue splatter I bought on release day. Is this band still cancelled?

It is a good record. And perhaps more than cancelled? Cam doesn't seem to discuss anything about music at all on Twitter, so he may be past it. Same to all the other members.

13 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

It was a really weird thing to just randomly bring up for no fucking reason. Why would one even assume that shit? 

23 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

It was a really weird thing to just randomly bring up for no fucking reason. Why would one even assume that shit? 

@MyEnemy was correct and one (probably more/most tbh) of his heros is a piece of shit. Comes with the territory I guess but maybe he'll grow out of it one day.

Reminder that Wasda (formerly Ckraus) has proven that he has objectively shit tastes, time and time again.  These obviously stretch outside the realm of music.  Please do not take any of his posts seriously or entertain the idea that he serves any further purpose than regurgitating Facebook links for meme bands.  Assigning any kind of value or consideration to his grossly detached views of the real world is a massive mistake.

That is all.

2 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

It is a good record. And perhaps more than cancelled? Cam doesn't seem to discuss anything about music at all on Twitter, so he may be past it. Same to all the other members.

He and the victim came to conclusion amongst themselves (wasn't covered by any music sites). Also bare in mind SN said the tour they were on at that time was going to be their last one for an indefinite amount of time, they announced they were going on a hiatus due to Boucher's mental health issues before any of this stuff came out.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Reminder that Wasda (formerly Ckraus) has proven that he has objectively shit tastes, time and time again.  These obviously stretch outside the realm of music.  Please do not take any of his posts seriously or entertain the idea that he serves any further purpose than regurgitating Facebook links for meme bands.  Assigning any kind of value or consideration to his grossly detached views of the real world is a massive mistake.

That is all.

Are you talking about me again? You're making me blush.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 3:11 PM, MacDonals said:

It arrived and it looks nothing like the pressing picture. The only thing I can think is that I ended up with some other pressing? But I can't identify which one...

Same here, ordered the one shown in the mockup but the vinyl received looks just like yours.

If I really squint at it I can almost imagine I see a blotch of light blue.... but no, I think it's pretty much all that same greenish gold.