PO: The Appleseed Cast - Mare Vitalis

From the Graveface email list:

Greetings! 

"As a thank you for being a mailing list subscriber we are giving you first dibs on something that we're incredibly excited about...the 15th anniversary (!!) edition of Mare Vitalis by The Appleseed Cast.  Mare Vitalis was my introduction to Appleseed and has always meant a great deal to me.  When we were approached by the band to do a 15th anniversary edition we of course could not refuse.  We did some slight tweaking to the vinyl master on the lacquering side of things, had Chris Crisci populate new artwork, used Stoughton for the packaging (gatefold tip on jackets) and have a few pretty great options.  You can pick it up on 180 gram black vinyl (exclusive to graveface.com) or the 'retail' color - (Disc 1) Black & Milky Clear Half-n-Half with White Splatter & (Disc 2) White and Milky Clear Half-n-Half with Black Splatter.  Heavy stuff I know.  Of course we did not forget about our trusted and true Graveface Record Club and members will have an exclusive colorway.  You'll find that information as well as a link to join here if you so choose.  We still have spots to get in for this release (not to mention our upcoming re-release of Peregrine which is a hand poured affair).  Last but not least we made a bundle that comes with a tee shirt and button pack.  

To purchase the 15th anniversary edition of Mare Vitalis, go here".   

The next paragraph:

"It should be noted that since this is a licensed title, qtys are very limited. I am giving you, the mailing list, a few days to order before I announce this to the public. I recommend not sharing this information on message boards/FB etc if you want to give your subscriber friends a shot at getting a copy before this hits the general public."

I don't see an issue with this thread I just thought it was funny.

Edit: ninja'd

Bought the retail

I've never actually heard this album but I really, really like Two Conversations and Sagarmatha. Peregrine is pretty good too. Hope I like it!

I think you will love it. This is where Appleseed adopted to their more modern sound. Though I love Conversations, this is a much better record.

And..it has "Fishing the Sky" on it.

Though I'm already in this thread, I was wondering: why are people buying the retail version when the black is the more limited of the two?

I feel like I'm missing out on something by buying the black.

But those splatters do sound like they would look awesome.

Buy whatever man there's no right and wrong