The future of vinyl records survey

Hi all.

I am new to this forum. I am currently researching my dissertation on the future of the vinyl record industry and would like a little help from the members of Vinyl Collective to help me out with a few questions on a survey, which will take around 5-10 minutes. I ask about the impact of Record Store Day, listening habits, whether you are vinyl exclusive or also use digital music and why you think vinyl is better. The link is below:

https://www.esurveycreator.co.uk/s/e1690d3

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate any help I get on this.

Andy

Thank you all. Understand your point Shadowkid33. Just interested to hear your views. Mine is that it will continue to up and down but there will always be a very strong following - but interesting to see which way pricing goes for LPs as digital gets cheaper and cheaper.

Yeah it is funny how CDs used to be $20, now they cost nothing and that is a "cheap" record. I don't have this name for nothing.

Dont have the time to fill the survey, but the biggest change I have noticed in the recent years is that people are actually playing their records. If you look the threads here made couple of years ago, no one, not even a single person is talking about the sound quality and the pressing quality. Lately this place has turned into a Steve Hoffman music forum. Its a good thing of course. The downside for a lot of people of course is that they have realized how crappy some of the records sound. Some companies made easy money for years with selling CD-s pressed to vinyl. This rarely happens now. The future? Vinyl will be the main physical format and CD-s will be cheap or free promo items only. 

Im drunk btw

Dont have the time to fill the survey, but the biggest change I have noticed in the recent years is that people are actually playing their records. If you look the threads here made couple of years ago, no one, not even a single person is talking about the sound quality and the pressing quality. Lately this place has turned into a Steve Hoffman music forum. Its a good thing of course. The downside for a lot of people of course is that they have realized how crappy some of the records sound. Some companies made easy money for years with selling CD-s pressed to vinyl. This rarely happens now. The future? Vinyl will be the main physical format and CD-s will be cheap or free promo items only.

Im drunk btw

You sir, are a fantastic drunk. You nailed it.