Copy of Chung King LP sells for $6000 on discogs

I absolutely love hardcore but have never given Judge a listen for some reason. Good starting point?

A good starting point is all the bands that came years before them because Judge is a fucking terrible band. All that youth crew shit ruined punk rock for me because it was so terrible and attracted the worst goons and meatheads. 

A good starting point is all the bands that came years before them because Judge is a fucking terrible band. All that youth crew shit ruined punk rock for me because it was so terrible and attracted the worst goons and meatheads. 

If you want me to treat your opinions with more respect, get some better opinions.

I can't get over this stupid opinion. It's one thing to hate the band, this genre, whatever, but you thought it was terrible because it attracted meatheads? You don't like certain types of music because of the type of people it attracts? Then you're not listening to the music for the sake of the music, clearly, at least in this case, you're listening to it because of the image it represents. Youth crew ruined punk rock for you? That's such a dumb and hilarious thing to say.

I can't get over this stupid opinion. It's one thing to hate the band, this genre, whatever, but you thought it was terrible because it attracted meatheads? You don't like certain types of music because of the type of people it attracts? Then you're not listening to the music for the sake of the music, clearly, at least in this case, you're listening to it because of the image it represents. Youth crew ruined punk rock for you? That's such a dumb and hilarious thing to say.

Your comment is the only stupid one. Clearly you know nothing about when the Rev crews came onto the scene. This dude is 45 years old so clearly he was around for the Minor Threat / Negative Approach / Necros / Agnostic Front days. Even mike judge has said that they came in and were way different then all the older dudes and were way more violent. I have spoken to many who were part of the initial CBGB sunday matinee shows and they all have said bands like judge brought unnecessary violence. So you have absolutely no right insulting someones opinion who was actually their to witness Judge playing in their heyday. You were not even born dude, respect your elders 

Your comment is the only stupid one. Clearly you know nothing about when the Rev crews came onto the scene. This dude is 45 years old so clearly he was around for the Minor Threat / Negative Approach / Necros / Agnostic Front days. Even mike judge has said that they came in and were way different then all the older dudes and were way more violent. I have spoken to many who were part of the initial CBGB sunday matinee shows and they all have said bands like judge brought unnecessary violence. So you have absolutely no right insulting someones opinion who was actually their to witness Judge playing in their heyday. You were not even born dude, respect your elders

Yeah, I don't care about any of that in this situation. I just care that the dude said the scene made him hate the music and I can't stand when people say that dumb shit. And yeah, I do have a right insulting his opinion, haha.

That is funny because MXV is one of the most knowledgeable people on the board and has been around long enough to see this shit first hand.

And it is very possible for a band/bands to ruin an entire genre of music.

Music for the most part is reactionary. One band has the power to shift the mentality of a scene especially one as small and tight as hardcore. A band can come out and do something that hasn't been done before. Bands that play alongside them take note of this new variation and implement it into their music. Then those bands play some shows and spread this sound even further. Pretty soon there are a ton of bands copying that one band.

This doesn't have to be a bad thing, but when the style that is being spread promotes violence and ignorance you now have bands attempting to be more aggressive and fans that are only out to hurt others. That can lead to people that don't want to partake leaving the scene that thy were a part of for many years.

For hardcore, especially pre internet hardcore, the scene was the music. You went to a show maybe knowing one band. You saw an opener that impressed you and you bought their 7" or demo tape. You went home and listened to it until you had every word memorized. When the band came back to town you went to the show and sang along. At that show you saw another band you liked and bought their 7" and repeated the process.

Sometimes you went to a show not knowing any of the bands but you still went because going to shows was what you did.

When the shows stop becoming fun you lose interest in the music.

it is easier now to be a fan of a band without being part of the scene. That is why I see a band's record sell for $50 when they only have 100 at their shows.