Copy of Chung King LP sells for $6000 on discogs

Hmm, guess I'll check this out then. Is there any reason this isn't repressed? Seems like it'd be a prime candidate

It's basically a demo that got pressed then tossed out because it sounded like ass. So it got completely re-recorded and re-released, and a new title. I don't like Judge, you can find my post about checking this out for the first time somewhere in the thread. But if you dig hardcore, you should probably hear it.

Hmm, guess I'll check this out then. Is there any reason this isn't repressed? Seems like it'd be a prime candidate

They accepted preorders for the album via mail order. The engineer at the studio was a coke head who basically disappeared leaving them to record the album by themselves. It sounded like garbage. They pressed like 100 to fulfill the preorders. Re-recorded the album and gave it a proper release.

The reason it's sought after is it's scarcity. It's more oddity than album.

I have a copy of this. Received it from my brother when he gave up records about 5 years ago. He was big into hardcore back in the day. I had no idea it was worth so much. Not something I would ever have interest in parting with, though.

I'm willing to bet you don't have a real Chung King and that you have the 10" bootleg.

It's been bootlegged a few times, and the songs are pressed on the discography, but the Chung King by itself will probably never get an actual repress, because it's terrible.

Yeah, I haven't checked the list recently, but weren't most of them accounted for by number?

Yep there's a full list of everyone around the world that actually owns a copy. Not to doubt Winter about his brother giving him his copy but considering what this goes for and what some people have had to do to setup buying one I really just don't see someone getting out of collecting and being like "here bro have mine".

I'm willing to bet you don't have a real Chung King and that you have the 10" bootleg.

It's #56 of 100 on white vinyl and isn't a 10". It's real. I grew up in Brooklyn and my brother is 15 years older than me. He went to a ton of shows in the mid/late 80's through the 90's until moving to the west coast in 2002.

Yep there's a full list of everyone around the world that actually owns a copy. Not to doubt Winter about his brother giving him his copy but considering what this goes for and what some people have had to do to setup buying one I really just don't see someone getting out of collecting and being like "here bro have mine".

He only had about 200 records, and hadn't listened to them in forever when he gave them to me. Clearly he had no idea of the value and I didn't either. I'm sure he will shit himself when I tell him.

It's #56 of 100 on white vinyl and isn't a 10". It's real. I grew up in Brooklyn and my brother is 15 years older than me. He went to a ton of shows in the mid/late 80's through the 90's until moving to the west coast in 2002.

If you have #56, contact the people on this website to get your copy accounted for. 

http://www.revelationrecords.com/pressing/where/

What else did you brother give you? I imagine if he had a chung king he was into collecting so good chance you have some crazy revelation rarities. 

I'll have to look through everything more closely. The collection was dumped on me, my brother seemed totally disinterested so I never paid much attention and absorbed it into my collection. It's mostly hardcore and crossover. I'm not huge into that genre / time period of music so I haven't listened to a lot of it. I should check it out, though. I do remember he was huge into Agnostic Front, Misfits, and Minor Threat.