'Singles Soundtrack' re-issue released this August on Sony Legacy Recordings.

2 hours ago, filthyrich said:

Didn't happen with the last Pearl Jam-related NC exclusive, unfortunately...

https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Ten/release/5617628

That definitely happened with the Nirvana Bleach pressings they did.

The Ten release was sold on both NC's and on PJ's website when it came out. I'm curious if this will pop on there as well on the 10th when new merch gets posted. 

On 2/12/2017 at 7:06 PM, negavinyl said:

1 hour ago, fish said:

That definitely happened with the Nirvana Bleach pressings they did.

The Ten release was sold on both NC's and on PJ's website when it came out. I'm curious if this will pop on there as well on the 10th when new merch gets posted. 

The coke bottle Ten?  Discogs says that Newbury was the exclusive retailer.  I don't remember Ten Club selling those.

Edited by kramer73

56 minutes ago, jhulud said:

That coke bottle Ten was NC only. 10C allowed it as an exclusive but only sold by NC. 

No, I bought mine direct from Ten Club on 4/1/14, not from NC (just checked my 10C order history just to make sure i wasn't nuts). Guessing it sold out within minutes as most limited stuff does on there.

Also from the 10C email that went out that day:

"Ten Club is excited and honored to announce our collaboration with Newbury Comics’ Brighton Limited Press on a brand new vinyl exclusive... the double lp version of Pearl Jam's "Ten" (includes "Ten Redux")!

Our joint reissue of this classic album is pressed on 120 Gram, coke-bottle clear vinyl, in a foil-stamp numbered edition of 2,000 pieces.

Newbury Comics and Ten Club will each have 1,000 randomly assorted numbered lps for sale."

*the discogs notes on that link do say it was sold by both as well.

Edited by fish

I don't think I'll ever get it. At least other 90s soundtracks like Romeo + Juliet, Batman Forever and Mission:Impossible had exclusive tracks or b-sides by bands that were hard to find back then. Does this have exclusive tracks? I feel besides "Pearl Jam collectors buy everything" and "baby's first grunge compilation" I haven't been given an explanation for the love of this.

Its a strong compilation from start to finish. Also there are exclusive tracks to this as well (Smashing Pumpkins and PJ). Those tracks weren't anywhere else but here and unless you want to shell out for Rearviewmirror, its the only place to get them on vinyl. To call it baby's first grunge comp is a bit dismissive. Many people see this as the definitive snap shot of those first years of Alternative rock. 

11 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

I don't think I'll ever get it. At least other 90s soundtracks like Romeo + Juliet, Batman Forever and Mission:Impossible had exclusive tracks or b-sides by bands that were hard to find back then. Does this have exclusive tracks? I feel besides "Pearl Jam collectors buy everything" and "baby's first grunge compilation" I haven't been given an explanation for the love of this.

WAY better soundtrack than any of the ones you just mentioned. 

Exclusive tracks include two by PJ, 1 by Soundgarden, 1 by Smashing Pumpkins, 1 by Chris Cornell, and 2 by Paul Westerberg. The PJ and Pumpkins songs are widely regarded as some of the best tracks in their catalogs. 

The only new tracks that were "non-exclusive" were from AIC, Mudhoney, and Screaming Trees... and the ST song is the only one most people know or care about, so it's handy to have it here.

57 minutes ago, filthyrich said:

Exclusive tracks include two by PJ, 1 by Soundgarden, 1 by Smashing Pumpkins, 1 by Chris Cornell, and 2 by Paul Westerberg. The PJ and Pumpkins songs are widely regarded as some of the best tracks in their catalogs. 

The only new tracks that were "non-exclusive" were from AIC, Mudhoney, and Screaming Trees... and the ST song is the only one most people know or care about, so it's handy to have it here.

Pretty spot on.  Its my favorite soundtrack of all time just in front of The Crow. In regards to Soundgarden, the Pumpkins, AIC, and MLB its my favorite songs of theirs.  The rest is nostalgia overload for me. I love it.  Good times

and the Adult Grunge Compilation would be sub pop's The Grunge Years. :D

Edited by bear801

1 hour ago, filthyrich said:

So weird that no one I know ever talked about this growing up... Maybe it's just taken for granted and I missed that boat.

47 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Just asking, what would be Adults first grunge compilation? 

This one too: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Sub-Pop-200/release/1543447

I think one reason could be age, not sure how old you are.   I think if you were 16+ when it came out you were probably obsessed with it like I was if You were I to that scene.  If you like late 90s music more you'd probably consider the others classic, personally not really a fan of any of those Batman Forever?.

26 minutes ago, apirk said:

I think one reason could be age, not sure how old you are.   I think if you were 16+ when it came out you were probably obsessed with it like I was if You were I to that scene.  If you like late 90s music more you'd probably consider the others classic, personally not really a fan of any of those Batman Forever?.

Old enough to have been around for that soundtrack but the film would not have made it to the small town I was living in, at least not for more than a few weeks at best. I think it has more to do with hip-hop already replacing grunge by 1992 for my peer group. I'm sure some older kids were into it, but I remember them talking about stuff like Sex, Lies and Videotapes instead.

Edited by armadillo01

3 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Old enough to have been around for that soundtrack but the film would not have made it to the small town I was living in, at least not for more than a few weeks at best. I think it has more to do with hip-hop already replacing grunge by 1992 for my peer group. I'm sure some older kids were into it, but I remember them talking about stuff like Sex, Lies and Videotapes instead.

I don't think the movie is anywhere near as important or popular as the soundtrack. The only reason i even bothered to watch the movie was because of the music and the fact that i knew that soundgarden/AIC/ PJ made appearances in it. I agree with pretty much most people here who have posted talking about what a significant soundtrack this was at the time and really for a few years following it as well. I was 15  years old living in a 5k person town when it came out and was probably still listening to it regularly when i went to college because it was so good.

2 minutes ago, fish said:

I don't think the movie is anywhere near as important or popular as the soundtrack. The only reason i even bothered to watch the movie was because of the music and the fact that i knew that soundgarden/AIC/ PJ made appearances in it. I agree with pretty much most people here who have posted talking about what a significant soundtrack this was at the time and really for a few years following it as well. I was 15  years old living in a 5k person town when it came out and was probably still listening to it regularly when i went to college because it was so good.

I'll have to check it out. Even though I'm big into SP I haven't tracked down all their early comp tracks. Also exclusive Westerberg is pretty neat, especially if it's the first stuff he released just after the Replacements' break up.

2 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

I'll have to check it out. Even though I'm big into SP I haven't tracked down all their early comp tracks. Also exclusive Westerberg is pretty neat, especially if it's the first stuff he released just after the Replacements' break up.

How can you be "big" into SP and not have your hands on Drown?  That makes zero sense.  This is one of the best comps of all time, of any genre for all of the reasons other mentioned.  

1 hour ago, thebunk said:

How can you be "big" into SP and not have your hands on Drown?  That makes zero sense.  This is one of the best comps of all time, of any genre for all of the reasons other mentioned.  

Drown and Glynis we're both SD quality tracks that just didn't fit into the record.  

I think the weakest comp track they did in that era was Ascendo, and I still love that track.