Rick & Morty forever, and forever, a hundred years, Rick & Morty.

Back when this show was new, I watched the pilot episode just to check it out (since I love Community, I figured it'd be the same deal). I didn't really think it was all that great, so I never got around to watching the rest of it. Lately, though, due to the new season, I've seen a bunch about it. Does it get better from that point, or is the pilot a good representation of the show as a whole? I need a new show to watch, and I'm probably going to start it anyway, but I'd like you guys' thoughts.

Absolutely stick with it. Such an incredibly smart and funny show for any sci-fi fan. Or even if you aren't a sci-fi fan, it's just so good. And the first season isn't super long, so it wouldn't take you much time to power through it.

But yeah, new episode was fantastic. So excited this is back on.

Absolutely stick with it. Such an incredibly smart and funny show for any sci-fi fan. Or even if you aren't a sci-fi fan, it's just so good. And the first season isn't super long, so it wouldn't take you much time to power through it.

But yeah, new episode was fantastic. So excited this is back on.

Alright. Re-watching the pilot now.

Alright. Re-watching the pilot now.

Really hope you're right about that, because I didn't like it any better the second time :/

imo the pilot is probably the most boring of the 1st season

Good to hear. Another question: Do they eventually let go of the whole "Rick says Morty's name five times in every sentence" thing? I mean, it looks like they're trying to set up a running joke, but it got annoying really fast.

Good to hear. Another question: Do they eventually let go of the whole "Rick says Morty's name five times in every sentence" thing? I mean, it looks like they're trying to set up a running joke, but it got annoying really fast.

I thought I would hate the show because of this. I was annoyed after about five seconds of it.

That said, I don't know if I got used to it or they do it less, but you stop noticing.

This show is fucking legit.  

There's a moment in the first season where everything just comes together and if you don't love it there's something wrong with you.

It's after Morty has to bury his own dead body and then delivers a monologue to his sister that ends with "Now let's just go downstairs and watch TV"

It's dark as hell and amazing.

There's a moment in the first season where everything just comes together and if you don't love it there's something wrong with you.

It's after Morty has to bury his own dead body and then delivers a monologue to his sister that ends with "Now let's just go downstairs and watch TV"

He's right

this is my favorite moment of the 1st season by far with Mr Meeseeks as a close 2nd

so I just finished watching the three leaked episodes and as a fan of the show, in my honest opinion, this season seems less..humorous. Don't get me wrong there are still some funny parts but the season so far is just depressing. Maybe that's the theme of this season or maybe I'm taking it too serious but either way I'm still going to be a fan and continue watching. My last thought is that the creators probably want this show to be taken more seriously so as they don't fall into the category of "if you like family guy".

Watched the first season. It did, in fact, pick up and get better. I can't decide a favorite between the Meeseeks episode and the simulation episode. It's far from my favorite show, but I'll keep watching it as it goes, and it's something I'd recommend to my friends.

Also, either I got used to the "Morty" thing or he just stopped doing it as much. I think they dropped it a few episodes in to fit in more pertinent dialogue/jokes.

Watched the first season. It did, in fact, pick up and get better. I can't decide a favorite between the Meeseeks episode and the simulation episode. It's far from my favorite show, but I'll keep watching it as it goes, and it's something I'd recommend to my friends.

Also, either I got used to the "Morty" thing or he just stopped doing it as much. I think they dropped it a few episodes in to fit in more pertinent dialogue/jokes.

You'll appreciate it more in 10 years when you can relate more to the dark and depraved shit. That shows is right in the feels. You'll see yourself going ".....fuck" and hurting, yet laughing about it. It's great at making fun of how fucked up the world is. 

My favorite ex.:

tumblr_n73ybbGQVZ1t4q7zho1_500.gif

You'll appreciate it more in 10 years when you can relate more to the dark and depraved shit. That shows is right in the feels. You'll see yourself going ".....fuck" and hurting, yet laughing about it. It's great at making fun of how fucked up the world is. 

My favorite ex.:

tumblr_n73ybbGQVZ1t4q7zho1_500.gif

Yeah, I forgot about the butter-bot gag. That was good. I feel like the show isn't really focused on humor as much as I had expected it to be, which seems to work out a lot better for it in my eyes, because that stops it from being a show like Family Guy which is so focused on cramming jokes that it forgets to add plot. While it is rather funny most times, I appreciate the show a lot more for its originality (even if it is derived from existing science fiction and often based in homage) and lack of predictability. 

As for the darker stuff, I certainly do enjoy being able to feel something from a show. Like you said, though, there are obviously things I can't relate to, and there actually are some I can. One moment that does seem to stand out among the rest (since brucewillis mentioned it) is when Morty addressed the meaninglessness of her griping and put things into perspective by referencing his corpse in the back yard. At first, it struck me as both depressing and heartwarming simultaneously. After I thought about it, though, it lost some appeal when I realized that the thought is less than unique. I get that I'll probably appreciate it more when I'm older, but that doesn't really stop it from being done before.

In a show that I've now come to enjoy for its originality, I would feel a bit disappointed...if it weren't for the execution.

I think what saves it for me is the callback to the episode in which they took over for their now-dead selves and buried them. Instead of Morty showing his sister the big picture by using human (or, at the very least, realistic) terms, the writers took a fresh approach with the inclusion of multiple completely interchangeable versions of yourself existing being a theme of the episode (and now that I think about it, recurring throughout the series).

Just my two cents...

Family guy is the worst cartoon, its just awful.

Every joke is; " well you think that's bad, how about when this happened?" followed by a clip of that happening. Unoriginal and uninspiring.

The first 2 episodes of this season were amazing, very funny. Third was really good, but more of a serious tone.

I couldn't pick a fav from the first season, although I don't get why the meekseeks seems to be everyone's favourite, it's good, just not the best.

I really liked "Rixty Minutes", "Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind" and the Cronenberg episode.

The worst would have to be Raising Gazorpazorp.

This show is really amazing. Easily the best cartoon since Futurama, with the potential to surpass it.