“THE WOLVERINE: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK” DOUBLE LP

kP3w88s.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: MAY 14th, 2015

“THE WOLVERINE: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK” MAKES ITS VINYL DEBUT

May 14, 2015 – SNIKT! Appearing on vinyl for the first time, THE WOLVERINE: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK Double Picture Disc LP will be available exclusively at Hot Topic beginning Tuesday, May 26th. THE WOLVERINE: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK Double Picture Disc LP includes the original 22 tracks from the soundtrack album by renowned composer Marco Beltrami (Hellboy, Terminator 3) plus the bonus track “Yukiko” which had been previously released as a digital-only track. Marco Beltrami’s moody score is an apt fit for the brooding nature of the character of Logan, better known as “Wolverine. The music created by Beltrami reflects the various states of mind of the mutant Wolverine, adding a level tension that captures the visceral energy of THE WOLVERINE.

Jumping out of the pages of Marvel comic books onto the silver screen, Wolverine has become a fan favorite in both mediums. As a leading character in the both the comic book series for over 30 years as well as in the wildly popular X-Men movie franchise, Wolverine has captivated audiences like no other X-Man before or since, spawning several solo mini-series over the years as well as his own spinoff series of films. THE WOLVERINE sees the enigmatic character in his second solo cinematic adventure, again portrayed by Academy Award-nominated actor Hugh Jackman.  

With several more superhero-related soundtrack releases on the horizon, SPACELAB9 kicks off their Heroes on Vinyl series with the release of THE WOLVERINE: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK Double Picture Disc LP. The Double Picture Disc LP will be available exclusively from Hot Topic stores and through their web store starting May 26, while supplies last - so don’t hesitate, “bub”.

What about that Who soundtrack from a few months back?

What about that Who soundtrack from a few months back?

We are working something very, very cool for that. I can't say just yet but I think all Doctor Who fans will be very excited when this does come to fruition. 

Man you guys must REALLY love picture discs huh? Seems like almost every release is a pic disc. I understand they can loom pretty cool sometimes, but cmon, they can sound so shitty too

It is not so much that "we" love picture discs-personally speaking in regards to my own collection I don't enjoy the format however, there is indeed a demand for them so with that being said we continue to make them. As long as Hot Topic continues to sell through our picture disc releases like hotcakes we shall continue to make the format available.

We are working something very, very cool for that. I can't say just yet but I think all Doctor Who fans will be very excited when this does come to fruition.

It is not so much that "we" love picture discs-personally speaking in regards to my own collection I don't enjoy the format however, there is indeed a demand for them so with that being said we continue to make them. As long as Hot Topic continues to sell through our picture disc releases like hotcakes we shall continue to make the format available.

I guess that makes sense. You are afterall a business and what business wouldn't want to make money/profit? But why not release a picture disc and non pic disc format at the simultaneously?

I guess that makes sense. You are afterall a business and what business wouldn't want to make money/profit? But why not release a picture disc and non pic disc format at the simultaneously?

It is a pretty simple reason, when you license a property for a specific time it doesn't make sense to exhaust all the steam on a project all at once. It makes far more sense to spread it out. In the constantly changing newsfeed of today it is important from a publicity standpoint to find ways to ensure that you are a part of current news as opposed to being out of sight/out of mind.

"SNIKT! Appearing on vinyl for the very first time, The Wolverine Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Picture Disc Vinyl Record Double LP will be available exclusively at Hot Topic (and the Spacelab9 online store) beginning Tuesday, May 26th"

http://www.theblotsays.com/2015/05/the-wolverine-soundtrack-picture-disc.html

It will be on sale on your website ?

Might go rewatch this to see if the score (whether on pic disc or regular vinyl) will be worth picking up. Also, interested to see what other "Heroes on Vinyl" you have planned.

Is that a QR code on the disc?

No. It's not as distinct as a QR should be, and it looks more like a Japanese symbol, so it might somehow be related to the movies setting. Also looked at teaser images for the movie (posters, etc.) and it's on those as well.