Nirvana Greatest Hits - coming soon

I just received a newsletter from northern volume and in the "coming soon" section, there was a listing for Nirvana - Greatest Hits. Anybody know anything about this...?

Don't know if this is going to work but here's the link to the newsletter. Scroll to the bottom to see what I'm talking about.

http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=fa96770699d9f73fcdcccfec9&id=1f7174dae1&e=6e9bbe6f6a

I wouldn't bother listening to a greatest hits album by them. If I'm going to listen to a band I absolutely love, I'm going to play an album start to finish (I feel that way about all albums anyway). I don't have Foo's Greatest Hits for this very reason. Albums are meant to be heard in the order they were tracked (at least in my opinion). Count me out, even though I'll always be a huge Nirvana fan.

That being said, this could be a repress of that 2002 hits album.

I wouldn't bother listening to a greatest hits album by them. If I'm going to listen to a band I absolutely love, I'm going to play an album start to finish (I feel that way about all albums anyway). I don't have Foo's Greatest Hits for this very reason. Albums are meant to be heard in the order they were tracked (at least in my opinion). Count me out, even though I'll always be a huge Nirvana fan.

That being said, this could be a repress of that 2002 hits album.

Yup, the 2002 is my best guess.

That 2002 compilation really got me into the band when it came out, and it's admittedly one of the better band compilations out there. The full albums are better of course.

Well this is the "thing that makes me feel super old" for the day. I remember listening to Nirvana when Kurt was still alive.

Unfortunately in 1994 I was 7 and pretty much just listened to whatever my mom and dad played in the car. I heard Nirvana as I got older and started listening to alternative radio. Don't feel too old sir. 

Well this is the "thing that makes me feel super old" for the day. I remember listening to Nirvana when Kurt was still alive.

Thank you very much for this.

I just remembered I got Nevermind the day it came out. While hearing it at the record store my buddy told me 'GET IT! It sounds just like that new Metallica!'.  :ph34r:

I still remember seeing Nirvana perform at the Springfield Civic Center 11/10/93. I had to beg, borrow and plead to get permission to go to the show on a school night (high school). I ended up missing curfew and getting in trouble but oh man was it worth it!! I'm so grateful I was able to see them live at least once.

Definitely feel old realizing that was almost 22 years ago. I get bugged out when the radio stations call them classic rock nowadays.

Would buy for "You Know You're Right"

This would be one of the only reasons I buy as well (depending on the price and mastering). I have all the coloured presses from ORG which sound fantastic.

Before I went to sleep last night I emailed them at northern volume asking if they had any additional info on this release. This was the response, "It is the 2002 greatest hits compilation, being re-released on vinyl soon (late June)." Followed by a link to the Wikipedia page for the 2002 album.