Nirvana Greatest Hits - coming soon

It's an Australian tour EP from '92. And the original variant is badass!

Australian version is limited to 15000 copies (01/27/92):

10000 copies on CD

4000 copies on 12" vinyl

1000 copies on Cassette

Tracks:

Turnaround
Aneurysm
D-7
Son Of A Gun
Even In His Youth
Molly's Lips

There is also a copy on brown marble that came out for RSD a few years ago.

R-537411-1297237941.jpeg.jpg

R-537411-1297237977.jpeg.jpg

This is an awesome EP. I bought the 12" swirled EP from Easy Street Records a couple of years ago when I was in Seattle. It still sounds better (noise wise) than the RSD Re-Issue. The Blew EP was pretty good from Tupelo as well.

Lots of big fans here. Figure you might appreciate this, back when the band was still active they were working on a retrospective video-collage type thing with all these clips from live shows, TV appearances, interviews and home movies… the project was still underway when Kurt passed. Krist and Dave completed it and released it in 1994 as "Live Tonight! Sold Out!" On VHS and laserdisc. I have the laser. It's a must have. It is available on DVD but it's been re-edited so it's not really identical to the original release. It has the TOTP appearance, that video of the bouncer beating on Kurt post-stage dive, a live version of Endless Nameless… seriously seek this thing out if you can.

This is an awesome EP. I bought the 12" swirled EP from Easy Street Records a couple of years ago when I was in Seattle. It still sounds better (noise wise) than the RSD Re-Issue. The Blew EP was pretty good from Tupelo as well.

Nice, dude. I'm jealous. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you drop on it?

If anyone is interested, here is the Foo Fighters secret show they played in Seattle:

Foo Fighters
November 28, 2014
The Showbox at the Market
Seattle, WA

2014-11-28F.jpg

01. intro
02. Winnebago
03. The Feast And The Famine
04. Learn To Fly
05. White Limo
06. Arlandria
07. Rope
08. The Pretender
09. My Hero
10. Hey, Johnny Park!
11. Monkey Wrench
12. Congregation
13. Walk
14. Cold Day In The Sun
15. In The Clear
16. I'll Stick Around
17. Big Me
18. Something From Nothing
19. These Days
20. Wattershed (part of)
21. Wattershed
22. For All The Cows
23. Miss You
24. Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love
25. Breakdown
26. Stiff Competition
27. Subterranean
28. Under Pressure
29. All My Life
30. This Is A Call
31. Weenie Beenie
32. Best Of You
33. Exhausted
34. Everlong

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0itFJYFArNceC13eUc3dVZUWm8/view?usp=sharing

Don't get married. Go see Foo Fighters.

Also, I'm sure Everlong gets played at weddings a lot.

Wouldn't doubt it. I've been to a few and I haven't heard it, but it makes sense. Classic case of misinterpreting a breakup song. Happens all the time with Green Day's "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)".

Come to think of it, is "Everlong" a breakup song? With the time that Dave wrote it and some of the lyrics, that's always what I thought. What about you?

Wouldn't doubt it. I've been to a few and I haven't heard it, but it makes sense. Classic case of misinterpreting a breakup song. Happens all the time with Green Day's "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)".

Come to think of it, is "Everlong" a breakup song? With the time that Dave wrote it and some of the lyrics, that's always what I thought. What about you?

That song just being a giant 'fuck you'. Love it, especially when it gets played at weddings. Can't help but laugh.

And Everlong is about one the lowest times in Grohl's life around the end of '96 when he got divorced, had no access to his own bank account, all while Pat and Will were on the verge of quitting. He wrote it in about 45 minutes one night. Worst time of your life = best song ever. That's what music is all about.

That song just being a giant 'fuck you'. Love it, especially when it gets played at weddings. Can't help but laugh.

And Everlong is about one the lowest times in Grohl's life around the end of 96' when he got divorced, had no access to his own bank account, all while Pat and Will were on the verge of quitting. He wrote it in about 45 minutes one night. Worst time of your life = best song ever. That's what music is all about.

Didn't know that about Everlong. Thanks for the info, cool to know.

Dave, you seem to have a crazy amount of knowledge covering Nirvana and Foo Fighters. Do you have any insight as to why the lyrics to "tourette's" (one of my favorite Nirvana tracks!) were left out of the In Utero booklet?

Well, there aren't really any official lyrics to the song. They were never really deciphered. You can look up lyrics and find lines like "one more at the door of my heart", but they aren't 'official'.

This is a rare song due to the fact that it was actually a song conveying joy. Maybe that's why they left them off. Grunge band and all, can't tell anyone you're happy. Haha. But maybe they left them off cause this didn't have any 'official' lyrics.

If you look though, you can see the text which was simply listed as “Cufk, Tish, Sips” (anagram of the words ‘Fuck, Shit, Piss’, as a humorous insert that the band decided on). I'd like to think since this was Kurt being happy, there are literally no words for it. Just him stretching his vocals chords to the point of nearing breaking. Oddly fitting in Kurt's own dark, fucked up way.

As far as the words themselves go, maybe this is just what Kurt thought Tourettes sounded like: a bunch of inaudible cursing, and yelling with a shit ton of loud of distortion.

"The eagle has landed."

But what the fuck do I know. Haha.

And Everlong is about one the lowest times in my life around the end of '96 when I got divorced, had no access to my own bank account, all while Pat and Will were on the verge of quitting. I wrote it in about 45 minutes one night. Worst time of my life = best song ever. That's what my music is all about.

Fixed that for ya!

I spent $130 on it. It was second most expensive single vinyl I've bought (I've got several boxsets higher than that). Highest I've spent was $218 on an original Nirvana Love Buzz Single back in 1997.

Those are both great prices cause they are easily both worth more than what you paid. I'm jealous.

Did anyone else see this?

nirvana-kaos-fm-live-from-1987.jpg

• Vinyl debut of the live album "KAOS FM Live 17/04/1987" by Nirvana
  • 180 Gram Vinyl
  • Remasterd Edition
  • Single LP Edition
  • First ever on vinyl

Recorded at the legendary KAOS FM studios in Olympia, Washington on the 17th of April, 1987, only a few months into the formation of the most important band of the 90s, this is Nirvana at their earliest and rawest. 

Ripping through a number of songs that would be found on their 1989 Sub Pop debut, Bleach, as well as some deep catalog rarities, this crisp and clear live recording finds Kurt Cobain and Co. in a primitive and absolutely exciting form. An absolute necessity for any serious Nirvana fan, available on LP or CD in remastered quality.

TRACKLIST
1. Love Buzz 
2. Floyd The Barber 
3. Downer 
4. Mexican Seafood 
5. White Lace And Strange 
6. Spank Thru 
7. Anorexorcist 
8. Hairspray Queen 
9. Pen Cap Chew