Fall Out Boy - Folie a Deux Misprint

Hey guys, this is my first time posting.

I recently open my colored Fall Out Boy vinyl, Folie a Deux, and I noticed that side A and B on the the first record was the exact same.

Now, I am fairly new to the vinyl community so I was just wondering if it adds any value to the vinyl or not?

It's kind of a let down that there are some songs I can't enjoy listening to because of the misprint, but I can just grab another vinyl on ebay or something I guess.

I just wanted to get your opinions.

Thanks.

Well he said he's bummed he won't be able to listen to some of the songs, so I'd say it's in the grooves.

Didn't catch that, thanks

Misprints of certain kinds add value to certain records. That one in particular, probably not. I'd say try to exchange it.

Yeah, I couldn't have said it better myself. If you purchased it recently (your post said you just opened it which probably means you got it not too long ago, but you can never be sure) I'd contact the vendor for a return. Depending on which store it is, they sometimes let you keep the defective one while sending you another copy.

Im guessing it just the wrong labels. Its nearly impossible for the music to be the same on both sides. That would be a major flaw in a large chunk of the pressing that we would have known about by now.

You know, after thinking more about this, I agree. Nearly impossible. There'd have to be two side a plates.

Guessing nobody looked at the record before bashing the OP?  No tracks on the labels, kids.

Look closer...the labels say Record 1/2 Side A/B

It's easy for a wrong label to fall onto the wrong side of a disc.

For the wrong music to be on the side of a disc they would have to change the plates completely when stamping it.  Which at URP means at least 100 copies would have been made like that before it was noticed.  When they would have noticed it they would have trashed those copies.  But possibly they could have massively messed up and pressed some wrong and then also somehow messed up and shipped those out, and now somehow it is being noticed for the first time years later.....or it could just be the wrong piece of paper on one side of the record.

So at this point, we're all just being complete assholes and assuming that the OP has NOT listened to the record?

Is that what I'm to take away from this?

I mean, aside from the fact that every forum, regardless of subject, is filled with snarky douchebags, of course.

OP still only has one post. He is somehow new to the internet in the year 2015. 

So at this point, we're all just being complete assholes and assuming that the OP has NOT listened to the record?

Is that what I'm to take away from this?

I mean, aside from the fact that every forum, regardless of subject, is filled with snarky douchebags, of course.

I never assumed anything and I was being very nice in my replies. Get over yourself, bro.