PO Now: Destroyer - Poison Season

I'm very excited for this. I loved Kaputt (though Streethawk: A Seduction is my absolute fave). I will say though, that I saw him play solo last year, and it was kind of excruciatingly monotonous. I've always loved Bejar's music because he changes up the sound and style so much album to album, but when it's stripped down to just an acoustic guitar, it all sound exactly the same. And when he played for an hour, despite hitting some great songs (the Temple, Virgin with a Memory, etc.), they all started to blend into each other. I'm hoping to see him with a full band this time around, and I have high hopes it will be a bit more interesting.

I'm very excited for this. I loved Kaputt (though Streethawk: A Seduction is my absolute fave). I will say though, that I saw him play solo last year, and it was kind of excruciatingly monotonous. I've always loved Bejar's music because he changes up the sound and style so much album to album, but when it's stripped down to just an acoustic guitar, it all sound exactly the same. And when he played for an hour, despite hitting some great songs (the Temple, Virgin with a Memory, etc.), they all started to blend into each other. I'm hoping to see him with a full band this time around, and I have high hopes it will be a bit more interesting.

Yeah, full band is where it is at. Feels like you were in a dream when you watch and listen to them.

• 1 month later...

Leaked, and GODDAMN is this album flipping great! (I feel like this album is what Active Child's should of been) Had High hopes for Active Child, and had really no expectation for Destroyer...

This album after just 1 listen I immediately went and placed my PO! So so so good....

felt the same way!!!

top 5 for me so far this year...VERY VERY VERY happy I put my PO. have been listening constantly ever since the leak

• 1 month later...